"Swellendam" Top 5 Page for this destination Swellendam by mvtouring

Swellendam Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 58 photos

Swellendam is one of those towns in my country that I visit as often as I can, mainly due to the Sulina Fairy sanctuary. I have loved this town ever since I first laid my eyes upon it. Maybe because it reminds me of Franschhoek where I grew up, I do not know, what I do know is that it is a town with a special caracter and lots of positive energy.

Nestling at the foot of the Langeberg Mountains, Swellendam has much to offer visitors who have an interest in history, nature and outdoor activities. Situated on the N2, approximately 240km from both Cape Town and George, Swellendam is the perfect choice for a halfway stopover or as a base from which to explore the area.

Swellendam offers a variety of accommodation to suit every taste. This range includes one hotel, luxury guest houses, Bed and Breakfast establishments, chalets, caravan and camping facilities as well as self-catering cottages on farms in the area.

Rainfall is spread over the year (55% winter and 45% summer). There is little wind and temperatures are moderate. There is no shortage of water and gardens are lush and luxuriant. The cost of living is reasonable and the town is clean and efficiently and well run.

The people are friendly and there is no political strife with a virtual absence of serious crime.

• Last visit to Swellendam: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 21, 2007

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Swellendam

Have you been to Swellendam?

Latest Activity in Swellendam