"Warmbaths or is it Bela Bela?" Warmbaths by mvtouring
Warmbaths Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 73 photos
If you are feeling confused and unable to find this place, do not feel alone. What a mission it was to find the right place on VT. I know that name changes in South Africa is a common practise these days, but can someone please also correct in on VT?
Bela Bela is just over a 140 kms drive from Johannesburg and the OR Tambo International Airport on the R21 highway which it seems are under constant construction. It is situated in the Limpopo Province formerly Northen Province.
The name Bela Bela means Boiling Boiling), and it refers to the natural hot springs in town. This spring water, which rises to the surface at a temperature of 50 degrees centigrade, is rich in minerals, attracting thousands of visitors who come to the town to enjoy the healing qualities of the waters for which the local resort is famous.
There are many game farms offer a wide range of activities from night drives, game walks and hiking trails in the area. I stayed at Mabalingwe which is approx 30 kms outside of town.
We did not see many rhino, this one was at De Wildt and apparantly he does not like vehichles. more travel advice
We visited De Wildt Shingwedzi reserve which was approx 25km from us. This farm is used for cheetah research and also... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Warmbaths Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Warmbaths or is it Bela Bela?"
- "Wallowing in wonderful Warmbaths!"
- "Warmbaths now called Bela Bela ( new name)"
- "No photos but many reminders"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warmbaths
- Hotels in Warmbaths
- Nightlife in Warmbaths
- Restaurants in Warmbaths
- Shopping in Warmbaths
- Warnings and Dangers in Warmbaths
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warmbaths
- 30 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Warmbaths?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warmbaths
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos