"Altinkum" Top 5 Page for this destination Altinkum by mvtouring
Altinkum Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 77 photos
The new mecca for the English to visit. I flew from Cape Town to London where I got my connecting flight to Bodrum. We were picked up at Bodrum airport by bus and transported to our hotel in Altinkum. I read everywhere that you have to rent your aircon at $6 per day, but nothing prepared me for the heat that was going to await us on our first night there! Wow was it hot! This is definately not the place to visit if you are a light sleeper or need a relaxing holiday, because this town buzzes 24 hours of the day.
The beach is beautifull and the water a lovely temperature, so we soaked up the sun (especially my two friends that joined our tour from London) and enjoyed the water tremendously.
We also did a lot of sightseeing visiting places like Didim, Prienne, Miletus, Effesus and Pamukkalae.
Didum, Miletus and Priene were all part of the most important cities in Ionia and today these three are very important from a cultural standpoint. Ionia were the cradle of various cultures in Anatolia for centuries.
According to ancient sources, colonization in Ionia ended in the 10th Century BC.
Today the bay of Latmos, has become into a lake (the Bafa Lake) and the greater number of the old port cities of the region are now inland.
Hey, what else did we come here for? The only reason most people come out to Turkey is to get pissed and go home with a... more travel advice
Do yourself a favour and buy some of the fruit out here. It tastes devine and is so fresh and sweet you will want to... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Altinkum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Altinkum - revisited"
- "holidays in Altinkum"
- "2nd home in turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Altinkum
- Hotels in Altinkum
- Transportation in Altinkum
- Nightlife in Altinkum
- Restaurants in Altinkum
- Shopping in Altinkum
- Warnings and Dangers in Altinkum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altinkum
- 31 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Altinkum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altinkum
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos