"Altinkum" Top 5 Page for this destination Altinkum by mvtouring

Altinkum Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 77 photos

Altinkum

The new mecca for the English to visit. I flew from Cape Town to London where I got my connecting flight to Bodrum. We were picked up at Bodrum airport by bus and transported to our hotel in Altinkum. I read everywhere that you have to rent your aircon at $6 per day, but nothing prepared me for the heat that was going to await us on our first night there! Wow was it hot! This is definately not the place to visit if you are a light sleeper or need a relaxing holiday, because this town buzzes 24 hours of the day.

The beach is beautifull and the water a lovely temperature, so we soaked up the sun (especially my two friends that joined our tour from London) and enjoyed the water tremendously.

We also did a lot of sightseeing visiting places like Didim, Prienne, Miletus, Effesus and Pamukkalae.

Ionia

Didum, Miletus and Priene were all part of the most important cities in Ionia and today these three are very important from a cultural standpoint. Ionia were the cradle of various cultures in Anatolia for centuries.

According to ancient sources, colonization in Ionia ended in the 10th Century BC.

Today the bay of Latmos, has become into a lake (the Bafa Lake) and the greater number of the old port cities of the region are now inland.

• Last visit to Altinkum: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2004

• donpaul77's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM

This is really getting me eager for Turkey...now I just have to convince my wife :)

• Oct 27, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Another stunning page. You really went to a lot of ancient sites. Lucky indeed.

• morne's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Nice page, interesting tips. Turkish bath sounds very good to me.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Sounds like a fascinating historical site.

• DPando's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2008 at 8:02 AM

superb page mate ...have a great time in Paris !!

• Lyndra's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2007 at 7:52 AM

My first ever visit to Turkey was Altinkum, your page just gave me some memories :0)

• Nov 8, 2007 at 8:53 PM

Thanks for your tips, we have booked thru a travel agent to go to Altinkum and hope we will have as much fun as you had. Mei-mei

• visserm's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 5:08 AM

Lovely page. Baie mooi foto's

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2005 at 1:17 PM

Thanks for your valuable tips, detailed pictures and the story!

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Altinkum

Have you been to Altinkum?

Latest Activity in Altinkum