"Bursa" Top 5 Page for this destination Bursa by mvtouring
Bursa Travel Guide: 260 reviews and 652 photos
After visiting Iznik, our next stop was Bursa and this was also where we were going to overnight. It was quite a long drive today as the distance from Istanbul - Bursa is 240km but speed limit is only 90kmph. Bursa is in northwestern Turkey and the seat of Bursa Province. It is settled on the northwestern slopes of Mount Uludað in the southern Marmara Region. It is bordered by the Sea of Marmara and Yalova to the north; Kocaeli and Sakarya to the northeast; Bilecik to the east; and Kütahya and Balýkesir to the south.
The mausoleums of early Ottoman sultans are located in Bursa and the numerous edifices built throughout the Ottoman period constitute the city's main landmarks.
Karagöz and Hacivat shadow play characters were historic personalities who lived and are buried in Bursa. Bursa is also home to some of the most famous Turkish dishes, especially candied chestnuts and Ýskender kebap. Its peaches are also well-renowned.
Not on our tour programme, but our tour guide surprised us with a visit to this fantastic little village where time... more travel advice
The shops are all on the balcony level, which runs all the way around the courtyard. The silk market has become very... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Bursa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mighty Bursa"
- "End of the Silk Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bursa
- Hotels in Bursa
- Transportation in Bursa
- Nightlife in Bursa
- Restaurants in Bursa
- Shopping in Bursa
- Warnings and Dangers in Bursa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bursa
- 11 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Bursa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bursa
Photos in BursaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos