"Istanbul" Istanbul by mvtouring

Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,883 reviews and 20,448 photos

Istanbul - 2000

Close your purse, actually hide it away, because this is a shoppaholic paradise. This city where east meets west and spreads over two continents is a lively, lovely and intriguing place. I loved it and felt very safe being a female on my own. Got a few marriage proposals, but no-one made me feel uncomfortable in this city.

2009

Back in the city after 9 years and nothing much has changed here. The food is still great and the people very friendly. This time I did a tour visiting many archeology sites and interesting cities. Glad I did it on a tour, cause I do not think I would have found all these places on my own, plus the tour guide Saba gave us such great info that is was all worth it. We did over 3200 kilometers travelling.

• Last visit to Istanbul: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 9, 2009

• ChristaV's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Very comprehensive page. I will be there in 5 days time so your tips will come in very handy

• morne's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

wow, you have great and interesting tips here. Excellent photography Mariana

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Wow - lots of different hotels in Istanbul! Great tips. Thanks for the good memories.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM

nice, some of your hotel tips sound really convenient.

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Very good tips. I especially liked the sound of the Pudding Shop and that kebab looked delicious. Not keen on the sheep heads though!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Thank you Mariana for bringing back memories about this one of my favorite cities. It seems to me we went the same paths, haha! All the best from snowy Moscow!

• Mar 16, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Very nice tips. I like the fact that you have a variety of hotels on which you are giving advise. thanks

• ChristaV's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Going to Istanbul in Sept 2010 and cannot wait to get there after reading your tips.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Like you, I enjoyed Istanbul as well. I wish i was game enough to walk around at night, but I wasn't. Interesting that we still can write different tips in a city visited by so many people.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2009 at 6:00 AM

hi mariana, what a great trip you had, envy you ;)

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Istanbul

Have you been to Istanbul?

Latest Activity in Istanbul