"Nevsehir" Nevsehir by mvtouring
Nevsehir Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 68 photos
We overnighted in Nevsehir which is also the capital of the Nevsehir province located in central Turkey. Most people know the area (same here before I got there) as Cappadocia which rates as one of the most popular traveler attractions in Turkey.
It is thought that Nevsehir was founded on the slopes of Mount Kahveci by the Hittites. Later it was known as Greek city of Nyssa. The underground shelters around Nyssa and Goreme were originally built to escape persecution by the pagan Roman authorities. One of the main reasons why I came to this area, as I wanted to see it for myself and not just on photo's and other VT pages anymore.
As we drove past this massive piece of rock full of cave homes, I got quite upset because they did not stop for us to... more travel advice
This lovely camel was also there and added to the old world charm of the area. I am not sure if you could go for a ride... more travel advice
mvtouring's Related Pages
Nevsehir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping in Cappadocia Valley, Nevsehir!"
- "Wonders of Cappadocia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nevsehir
- Hotels in Nevsehir
- Restaurants in Nevsehir
- Shopping in Nevsehir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nevsehir
- 18 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Nevsehir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nevsehir
Photos in NevsehirSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 212 reviews, 356 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 77 reviews, 191 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utrecht Intro, 57 reviews, 80 photos
- Budapest Intro, 53 reviews, 82 photos
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 73 photos
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 88 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 71 photos