"Colonia del Sacramento" Top 5 Page for this destination Colonia del Sacramento by mvtouring

Colonia del Sacramento Travel Guide: 215 reviews and 598 photos

History:-

This town belonged to the Spanish, the Portuguese and at some point to Brazil. You feel like you are stepping back into the future or is it the past? I felt like I went back to the early 1960’s. the pace in town is slow, no-one is rushed to get anywhere and the traffic is limited to the odd motorcycle “rushing” past you.

Our trip:-

It was early morning that we set off to the Busqbus offices to buy our tickets to go the Colonia for a 2 night visit. We decided to use the fast ferry and go first class as this is what our friend Rholda suggested we do. It was a lovely leasurely one hour trip. Arriving we off course had no idea where to find our hotel or even how big this place was, so we got into the taxi that took us to our hotel.
He was a bit of a ripp off, but at least he got us there save and sound so that we could book into our room and then set off to explore this lovely town that really takes you back into time.
It was the ideal place to go and relax after our hectic trip to iguassu falls and we really needed the rest by this time.
All three of us loved this little place even though it was extremely quiet at night times. During the day it gets quite busy with all the day visitors from BA arriving and having limited time to see the place

• Last visit to Colonia del Sacramento: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written May 14, 2006

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Thanks for the helpful info. I am trying to decide if I should make Colonia a part of our visit to UY. I think I have decided now.

• metteks's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Hi. Thank you for your comment on my page. Yes, I am enjoying South America. I am going to Colonia tomorrow.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2006 at 11:08 PM

impressive page Mariana, and it brought back many fond memories. thanx & greetings from NZ Waltraud

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Colonia del Sacramento

Have you been to Colonia del Sacramento?

Latest Activity in Colonia del Sacramento