"Versailles" Versailles by mvtouring

Versailles Travel Guide: 692 reviews and 2,615 photos

It was with great expectations that we waited for a sunny day to visit Versailles and its lovely gardens that we heard so much of. So early morning when I noticed the sun was shining for a change, I woke everyone up and said, get ready, we are going to Versailles. I must admit, I was rather dissapointed. Comparing it to St Petershof, it comes second in my book. Also, all the fountains were turned off, so how can you enjoy the gardens if the fountains are turned off? We were told that they only turn them on, on a Sunday, when we got there, so why was this not advertised? Anycase, I still enjoyed my day there and I know that you should not compare things. Viva la Versailles!!!!

The fence in the front where you enter the palace is just stunning even though it is a bit over the top

OK, so where do we start? There are so many options and they are all good.

• Pros:well kept history
  • Cons:fountains were not turned on
  • In a nutshell:Over bearing
  • Last visit to Versailles: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 5, 2008

• morne's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Nou hierdie outjie het geweet hoe om te lewe. Daai tuine is darem maar net uit die boeke met al die spuitfonteine en beelde. stunning!

• floriangn's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Excellent tips. Great photo#s

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Beautiful photos inside the Palace; we did not get to go inside this time; just spent the day on a walking tour with PEDMAR! (Went inside with my Mother in 1977.)

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 11:54 PM

You got very nice pictures of Versailles -- the Hall of Mirrors was always closed when I visited 2x before - hopefully this Sept it will be open (the third's a charm)...Norman :)

• Nov 24, 2008 at 5:54 AM

Excellent page, loved some of your comments, very witty.

mvtouring

“Treasure every moment, it could be your last.”

Badges & Stats in Versailles

Have you been to Versailles?

Latest Activity in Versailles