"The City of Orange: Apple of Orange County's Eye" Top 5 Page for this destination Orange by Reznut
Orange Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 236 photos
Orange is a very modern city with traditional charm in the heart of Orange County. We are about 30 miles south of Los Angeles and 5.6 miles southeast of Disneyland.
The charming historic section of our city known as the Plaza Historic District, the Orange Circle, and the Orange Traffic Circle, has become a choice location for filming crews. Tom Hanks' movie "That Thing You Do" was filmed in our historic town. It was exciting to drive through the Plaza at night when it was opened back up for traffic and you could get a good look at the shops which were transformed into 1960s-era style. "Clockstoppers" was another movie filmed at our Plaza, along with several commercials and lesser-known films.
**Update from our City News:
May 24, 2005
ORANGE – Actors Rob Schneider and Molly Sims were at Watson's Drug & Soda Fountain on Monday to film a movie called "The Benchwarmers," city spokeswoman Tara Finnigan said. Watson's plays the role of an ice cream shop. The movie crew shot scenes at a house on Rose Avenue last week and plans to film at the Army-Navy Store downtown.
— Jit Fong Chin
I was excited to find this photo of our Plaza showing it back in the early 1900s. The beauty of it is that the buildings you see in the photo are still here at our Plaza. The park is still there but slighly changes and has a different fountain. The original fountain was moved in 1937 to its current location at 330 E. Chapman.
The historic City Plaza in Orange is a perfect place to window shop on a weekend day. Come here on a Saturday to browse our antique shops, eat lunch at Watson Drugs & Soda Fountain, and relax in the park. Well, with the heavy traffic constantly swirling around the park, it's not that relaxing but it's a good place to take a load off your feet for a few minutes.
- Pros:Great antique shops, very nice weather, mostly clean streets, college town atmosphere.
- Cons:We have our share of gangs, bad traffic, high cost of living.
- In a nutshell:A good mix of old and new, traditional and modern.
If you love antique shopping, whether only window shopping or actually purchasing, you will enjoy my town. In the... more travel advice
Every Labor Day weekend, we block off traffic from the Plaza's traffic circle to make way for the Orange International... more travel advice
Reznut's Related Pages
Orange Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Have a Slice of Little and Big Orange"
- "Orange - A Slice of Old Town Charm"
- "The City of Orange: Apple of Orange County's Eye"
- "ORANGE COUNTY, CA"
- "Two weeks in Orange County"
- "Orange County"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orange
- Hotels in Orange
- Transportation in Orange
- Nightlife in Orange
- Restaurants in Orange
- Shopping in Orange
- Warnings and Dangers in Orange
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orange
- 12 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Orange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orange
Photos in OrangeSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Boston Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Halifax Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Santa Catalina Island Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Orange hotel reviews
- Hawthorn Suites Orange County - Anaheim
- 559 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hilton Suites Anaheim Orange
- 346 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Doubletree' Hotel Anaheim/Orange County
- 578 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Ayres Inn Orange
- 455 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Orange Tustin Inn
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2013
- Motel 6 Anaheim Stadium Orange
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013