"Lake Iseo - ISEO" Lago d' Iseo by karin_kamphuis
Lago d' Iseo Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 60 photos
We stayed at a campingsite in Iseo. When we arrived Iseo, we could't find the campingsite, because there were a few road signs missing. So we asked a person and went to the
reception. We hired a mobile home and tried to find it on the campingsite. But the signs were missing and the roads on the camping were very small!
We stayed here for 1 week. And that waas long enough!! in former times i visit lake garda, lake caldenazzo, lago maggiore for a few times and that looked much better!
We enjoyed our stay but missed a good swimming place near the lake. A beach was missing and you couldn't lie down properly. The little
stretch of grass was too small for al guests from the campingsite.
We didn't use our car, because it wasn't pleasant to ride at the roads in this part of Italy.
We went shopping in a very big supermarket. I never saw a shop like this before!!!!
We walked around the village, it was a nice town with a great view on Montisola. There were many swans in the lake, they made the pictures even more stunning!
(i didn't had a digital camera, maybe I can use a scanner, so I can put them on the website soon)
We went swimming every day and one time we swam to the campingsite next to ours; Sassabanek. This camping is much better!!! It has a nice swimming pool and much grass to relax on!
We also rented a trap boat and looked around on the lake. Montisola looked nice, also Iseo has nice buildings.
Next to the camping-site there is a
national reserve. We looked for birds, but only heard warbling of birds.
One day we visited ACQUASPLASH in Franciacorta. It was a great swimming park! (see tip!)
We liked our stay but will not visit this lake or neighbourhood again. I prefer lake garda and lake caldanazzo. It's a lot more vibrant and ajusted to recreationists.
We went to franciacorta (look for the signs, cause they are hard to find!!).
The swimming pools were great. Nice glides and not too busy!!
Also nice for younger kids because there are many playgrounds.
The many glides are marvellous.
Try them all!!!!...... Lots of pleasure.
- Pros:"nice lake, picturesque town, scenic environment"
- Cons:"bad" campingsite, signs were missing, not really touristic"
- In a nutshell:"Lake Garda / lake maggiore region is better......."
We went to franciacorta (look for the signs, cause they are hard to find!!). The swimming pools were great. Nice glides... more travel advice
karin_kamphuis' Related Pages
Lago d' Iseo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another Lago land"
- "Came to see the 'Fairies of the Forest'"
- "Lake Iseo - changing views"
- "Italy's greatest lake Iseo!"
- "Lake Iseo - ISEO"
- "Lago d' Iseo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago d' Iseo
- Hotels in Lago d' Iseo
- Transportation in Lago d' Iseo
- Restaurants in Lago d' Iseo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Greenwood Hotels
- Katugastota Hotels
- Zichron Yaakov
- Pulau Beras Basah Hotels
- Ko Samui
- Daytona Beach
- Marin Headlands State Park Hotels
- Potato Creek State Park Hotels
- Kill Devil Hills
- Batangas City
- New Zealand
- Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Grand Cayman
- Bushkill Hotels
Badges & Stats in Lago d' Iseo
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lago d' Iseo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago d' Iseo
Photos in Lago d' IseoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Sousse Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Enschede Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Overijssel Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Klagenfurt Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Lago d' Iseo Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Sydney Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos