Nuuk Favorite Tips by gordonilla
Nuuk Favorites: 5 reviews and 17 photos
New Herrnhut Mission
Favorite thing: The mission was built in 1747 to house the headquarters of the Greenland Moravian Mission, sent by command of King Christian IV. They were sent to assist Hans Egede. It seems that this did not work, so the Moravians, left the mission and set up their own mission on the distant side of the peninsula.
The building has been many things over the years, and is currently home to the University of Greenland - supporting 100 students.
Fondest memory: http://www.ilisimatusarfik.gl/
Snowy Arctic Gardens (1)
Favorite thing: I am sure that as i was visiting in the late winter months - I did not see the gardens at their best. They were snow filled and there was nothing of a garden to speak about - the summer may bring a different picture.
Fondest memory: Around this area, there was a great number of memorials to commemorate people and events.
Favorite thing: The post office is an important facility, no matter which town, city or country you are visiting. In Nuuk, the post office is busy and has it's own unique opening times.
Monday to Wednesday and Friday 10.00 - 15.00
Thursday 10.00 - 17.00
Saturday 10.00 - 13.00
Outside of these hours there is a self service area and equipment.
National Library (1)
Favorite thing: I was looking for information on a number of things located in Nuuk. I decided to visit the National Library in central Nuuk. The reason was two fold - it was a Sunday and the tourist offices were shut and it was close to the hotel where I was a guest.
There are bookable and walk-up internet facilities which are free of charge. The staff are friendly and very helpful; and the building itself was welcoming.
Nunatta Atuagaateqarfia, The Greenland Library, Imaneq 26, PO Box 1011, 3900 Nuuk
Phone: +299 32 11 56
Fax: +299 34 89 49
More Reviews (16)
gordonilla's Related Pages
Nuuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another one of the places I really want to visit"
- "Nuuk the capital of Greenland"
- "DK-3900 Nuuk (Godthab), Greenland's capital."
- "I would like to go there one day"
- "Greenland AKA something. I should look at the map."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuuk
- Hotels in Nuuk
- Transportation in Nuuk
- Restaurants in Nuuk
- Shopping in Nuuk
- See All...
Explore the World
- Katrain Hotels
- Tabanan Hotels
- Mount Juliet Hotels
- Viareggio Hotels
Badges & Stats in Nuuk
- 20 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Nuuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuuk
Videos in NuukSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 152 reviews, 584 photos, 7 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 179 reviews, 437 photos, 10 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 53 reviews, 145 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 43 reviews, 124 photos
- Munich Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 7 travelogues