"Another one of the places I really want to visit" Nuuk by gordonilla
Nuuk Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 117 photos
I have finally made it to Nuuk, it is another one of those out of the way places that I have always wanted to visit. It seems that 2010 was the year to travel this far north and west.
Although connected to Denmark, it is most certainly in the Americas - and it seems that I am nearer to my Canadian relations in London (Ontario) than I am to London (UK).
The capital of Greenland is fairly quiet and interesting - and I have to say that it is not what I expected, although I am unsure what I actually expected. So it was a very pleasant and enjoyable short visit to the west coast of Greenland.
The photograph was taken from the top of a rocky outcrop, which is the home of the Hans Egede statue. It does give an excellent view of the city - old and new.
It was quite invigorating being so high above everything and being able to enjoy the views and the sea air.
As I note in one of my tips; I took a helicopter trip when visiting Nuuk. It was enjoyable and was facilitated by the Tourist Information office. They also arrange boat tours, however when I was in town the boat was being repaired.
The helicopter trip was excellent, and the photograph was taken on the return journey. The city of Nuuk is fairly small and this shows how compact it really is; and that there is nothing immediately next to it.
The shop seems to have cornered the market ion book sales and mail order selling. They have two floors and seem... more travel advice
Like so many other shops in Nuuk, they sell a wide range of things. This is a supermarket, located within the Hotel Hans... more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Nuuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another one of the places I really want to visit"
- "Nuuk the capital of Greenland"
- "DK-3900 Nuuk (Godthab), Greenland's capital."
- "I would like to go there one day"
- "Greenland AKA something. I should look at the map."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuuk
- Hotels in Nuuk
- Transportation in Nuuk
- Restaurants in Nuuk
- Shopping in Nuuk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nuuk
- 20 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Nuuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuuk
Videos in NuukSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 152 reviews, 584 photos, 7 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 182 reviews, 457 photos, 10 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 53 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 43 reviews, 124 photos
- Munich Intro, 33 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues