"A business trip to Belgrade" Belgrade by gordonilla
Belgrade Travel Guide: 2,414 reviews and 5,070 photos
Sadly my JAT airlines flight was delayed at Heathrow, so we did not arrive in the hotel until well after 18.00. The hotel is a Holiday Inn and seems modern, sadly the view that greeted us was one of industry, railway lines and a fire!
On the other hand, we did see a gloriously red sunset, which sadly my camera could not really capture in it's full glory. However, it did enough to provide a better impression of Belgrade than some of the views we saw later in our trip.
My Serbian colleagues had booked us into the Holiday Inn Belgrade which is about 10km from the airport and 5km from the city centre. We were told about "old" Belgrade and "new" Belgrade.
It seems that the hotel was in "new" Belgrade and has been here for some 4 or so years. It is next to a large exhibition and conference venue.
the hotel also has a number of meeting rooms; they are named after Serbian Orthodox Monasteries. We were in Gračanica:
Gračanica is a Serbian Orthodox monastery located in Kosovo. Founded in 1321 by King Stefan Milutin. The Monastery was declared a Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1990, and it is protected by the Republic of Serbia. UNESCO on 13 July 2006 placed it on their World Heritage List under the name of Medieval Monuments in Kosovo and as an extension of the Visoki Dečani site which had also been placed on the List of World Heritage in Danger.
The Gračanica Monastery can be found in the village of Gračanica, a Serb enclave which is some 5 km from Pristina,
It was a surprise, however you should note that you are permitted to smoke in many public areas. Look out for the... more travel advice
It seems that we sent a lot of time in this restaurant! This was due to staying in the hotel, holding a meeting in the... more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Belgrade Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belgrade, sweet Belgrade"
- "WHITE TOWN"
- "B E L G R A D E"
- "My home town"
- "4 days in Belgrade"
- "Welcome to Beograd-Capital of Serbia & Montenegro!"
- "48 Hours in the White City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgrade
- Hotels in Belgrade
- Transportation in Belgrade
- Nightlife in Belgrade
- Restaurants in Belgrade
- Shopping in Belgrade
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgrade
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgrade
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Belgrade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgrade
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 238 reviews, 970 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 212 reviews, 654 photos, 12 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 71 reviews, 304 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 51 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 59 reviews, 188 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 35 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 36 reviews, 158 photos