"More work travel, this time to Israel" Tel Aviv District by gordonilla
Tel Aviv District Travel Guide: 1,479 reviews and 3,530 photos
I had a busy schedule during the course of week commencing Monday, 30 January 2012. The first part of the week I was visiting our offices in Prague and then travelling on to Tel Aviv, Israel.
My EL AL flight left Prague airport at 22.30 on the Tuesday evening and arrived in Tel Aviv later than scheduled an we arrived at 03.50. I was very tired.
Much to my surprise there was heavy rain, which is unusual I am told. As I walked through the airport, I was so surprised at how busy it was and the tax free shops were all open.
I got though all checks quickly and my car was waiting for me then we travelled to the hotel that had been booked for me. It was quite some distance from the airport - but being so tired I was not really that aware of this fact.
The room I was given was on the third floor and I have to say that it was comfortable and just what I needed.
After going to bed very late, or early, depending on how we look at this! I woke up after the chambermaid came in - I forgot to fix the do not disturb sign to the room door.
I got up and then opened the curtains and discovered that I did have a good room - the view was over a nearby marina, a surfing beach and of course the sea.
It was fresh and cool - a little damp but I have to say that the late night flight and early arrival made it all worth it.
I had very little time; however, I managed to take a walk along the sea front and visited the old port. It was quite an interesting walk.
I visited two parks, Spiegel and Independence Parks, the segregated swimming beach, the old port and even did some shopping.
To get to Tel Aviv I had to fly in and out of Ben-Gurion Airport. It was incredibly busy even when I arrived at a little... more travel advice
I had been advised by a colleague to visit the Old Port, as i had some free time on the Friday morning of my visit to... more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Tel Aviv District Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tel Aviv District"
- "Tel Aviv in my eyes"
- "More work travel, this time to Israel"
- "San Francisco"
- "TEL AVIV"
- "Tel Aviv"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv District
- Hotels in Tel Aviv District
- Transportation in Tel Aviv District
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv District
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv District
- Shopping in Tel Aviv District
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv District
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv District
- 12 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Tel Aviv District?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv District
Photos in Tel Aviv DistrictSee All Photos (57)
Videos in Tel Aviv DistrictSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 155 reviews, 596 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 190 reviews, 498 photos, 10 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 53 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 35 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 43 reviews, 124 photos