"More work travel, this time to Israel" Tel Aviv District by gordonilla

Tel Aviv District Travel Guide: 1,481 reviews and 3,581 photos

An early arrival!

I had a busy schedule during the course of week commencing Monday, 30 January 2012. The first part of the week I was visiting our offices in Prague and then travelling on to Tel Aviv, Israel.

My EL AL flight left Prague airport at 22.30 on the Tuesday evening and arrived in Tel Aviv later than scheduled an we arrived at 03.50. I was very tired.

Much to my surprise there was heavy rain, which is unusual I am told. As I walked through the airport, I was so surprised at how busy it was and the tax free shops were all open.

I got though all checks quickly and my car was waiting for me then we travelled to the hotel that had been booked for me. It was quite some distance from the airport - but being so tired I was not really that aware of this fact.

The room I was given was on the third floor and I have to say that it was comfortable and just what I needed.

A pleasant surprise from my balcony!

After going to bed very late, or early, depending on how we look at this! I woke up after the chambermaid came in - I forgot to fix the do not disturb sign to the room door.

I got up and then opened the curtains and discovered that I did have a good room - the view was over a nearby marina, a surfing beach and of course the sea.

It was fresh and cool - a little damp but I have to say that the late night flight and early arrival made it all worth it.

Sea front and Tel Aviv Old Port

I had very little time; however, I managed to take a walk along the sea front and visited the old port. It was quite an interesting walk.

I visited two parks, Spiegel and Independence Parks, the segregated swimming beach, the old port and even did some shopping.

• Last visit to Tel Aviv District: Feb 2012
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2012

Comments

gordonilla

“Travel is a passion, exploring a pleasure!”

Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv District

Have you been to Tel Aviv District?

Latest Activity in Tel Aviv District