"'s-Hertogenbosch: the capital of Brabant" 's-Hertogenbosch by gordonilla

's-Hertogenbosch Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 37 photos

Staying in the town centre

It was quite a pleasant experience to wake on my first morning staying in 's-Hertogenbosch. I looked from the bedroom window to see a bustling market square with busy stalls. At the centre was the statue of one of the more famous historic inhabitants - Hieronymus Bosch.

Market Square

From the window of room 426 of the Golden Tulip Hotel Central, I had an excellent view of the town market square. It seemed that daily stalls were erected and then dismantled - so all I can say is that they have a different type of market being held depending on the day of the week.

The image below was taken on a Saturday morning in January - and this was a market that had almost everything any household may need to feed the family.

The square is also the home to a wide number of shops and eateries. The one thing I need to note is that on my first night in 's-Hertongenbosch the only thing that was open in the proximity was a kebab shop. I do like kebabs, but the only the drink they had available was Coca Cola, my first in about 6 years, thank you 's-Hertogenbosch!

Public Sculpture

As with many other cities aross the world, street sculpture was apparent and was generally traditional in style, but there were a few more modern examples too.

• Last visit to 's-Hertogenbosch: Jan 2010
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2010

gordonilla

“Travel is a passion, exploring a pleasure!”

Badges & Stats in 's-Hertogenbosch

Have you been to 's-Hertogenbosch?

Latest Activity in 's-Hertogenbosch