"More than Stanley Spencer; or is it?" Cookham by gordonilla
Cookham Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos
It seems that Cookham may be one of those villages that requires you to drive if you wish to live a busy and active life. There is a railway station and this is served by trains from Maidenhead and Marlow.
There are connections to London and Oxford on the rail network.
The village is also served by the Arrive bus service, operating on route 37 - note there is no service on a Sunday or public holidays.
The village of Cookham became known in Saxon times; and has been inhabited ever since in one form or another.
From the war memorial, walk eastwards along the High Street. There are a number of pubs and restaurants which have reasonable menus and reputations.
I was walking towards the centre of Cookham and came across this bridge, given to Cookham by Mrs Balfour Allan in 1929. It was to thank them for the time she and her late husband had spent in the village.
The bridge crosses the Fleet; which in itself is quite small. There is a more modern bridge and roadway next to this highway.
This is one of the services which operates a minimal service, and out of hours the station buildings are closed; even... more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Cookham Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cookham
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Cookham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cookham
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 152 reviews, 584 photos, 7 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 179 reviews, 437 photos, 10 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 53 reviews, 145 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 43 reviews, 124 photos
- Munich Intro, 32 reviews, 123 photos, 7 travelogues