"Falkirk - the wheel and other things" Falkirk by gordonilla
Falkirk Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 94 photos
The image is of the British Waterways Scotland facility - the Falkirk Wheel and Visitor Centre.
More information can be obtained by visiting:
Falkirk council has an identical area to the previous Falkirk District Council and has accordingly been allowed to matriculate the same arms.
The arms are based on those of the area's four burghs. Tthe first quarter is for the Burgh of Falkirk. A version of the arms of the Callander family is used. The embattled bend refers to the Roman Antonine Wall. The second quarter is for the Burgh of Grangemouth. The stag's head and crosslet stand for the Bellenden family and Holyrood Abbey. The third quarter is for the Burgh of Bo'ness. The ship refers to the town's importance as a port. The red colour of the field stands for the Hamilton family, while the black is for the coal mining industry. The fourth quarter is for the Burgh of Denny and Dunipace. This shows the angel of peace. Three important treaties have been signed in the area.
The motto means "One for All".
gordonilla's Related Pages
Falkirk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Big Wheel Keep On Turnin'"
- "Very Big Wheel"
- "I didn't really visit it at all."
- "Falkirk Wheel"
- "Falkirk - the wheel and other things"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Falkirk
- Hotels in Falkirk
- Transportation in Falkirk
- Nightlife in Falkirk
- Restaurants in Falkirk
- Warnings and Dangers in Falkirk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Falkirk
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Falkirk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Falkirk
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 205 reviews, 809 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 201 reviews, 568 photos, 11 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 54 reviews, 217 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 51 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 53 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 36 reviews, 158 photos
- Munich Intro, 35 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues