"A day out in Sleaford, Lincolnshire" Sleaford by gordonilla
Sleaford Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 28 photos
I had to make a trip to Sleaford one Friday. It was an early start but I did have an enjoyable day out - and spent some time walking around the town centre following my meeting.
I visited St Denys' Church - and found it very spiritual. Although it does seem that like every other church you can visit - there is an expectation that you will donate and pay for every scrap of information available for church visitors.
As I walked around the town centre I was surpised as to how many areas of greenery were present. Although not always open to the public.
Sleaford does seem to be a fairly green town - it was well worth visiting.
This was the reason for my visit - I was a judge in a compteition and one of the entries was the partnership which exists between the local authority and the company which operates their cultural and leisure facilities.
The Hub is the National Centre for Craft and Design. It was well worth the visit, and there were a number of exhibitions running at the time of my visit.
It seems that Christians have worshipped here since the 11th Century; although the Church was built in the 12th century.... more travel advice
I was a little surprised when I first passed the mill, and then realised that it was open. On my way back to the... more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Sleaford Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sleaford
- Transportation in Sleaford
- Restaurants in Sleaford
- Warnings and Dangers in Sleaford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sleaford
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Sleaford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sleaford
Photos in SleafordSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 222 reviews, 887 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 212 reviews, 654 photos, 12 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 62 reviews, 261 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 51 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 55 reviews, 174 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 35 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 36 reviews, 158 photos