"My first visit to Iceland & Reykjavik" Reykjavík by gordonilla
Reykjavík Travel Guide: 1,250 reviews and 4,117 photos
I have started my Reykjavik pages from the lobby of the Radisson SAS Hotel Saga located close to Reykjavik airport and the old town. I have a pleasant room which is on the 6th floor and it has some goood views. The photograph is a snowy view from the window of room 661.
The hotel is a very short walk from the sea front, which when it is clear you can see the distant shoreline and the mountains.
I find that i have a great liking for Iceland and Icelanders. They may be a small Island nation, but they are proud and incredibly interesting with a long history of dealing with adversity, but winning through in the end.
The one thing I did note, that unlike many of the other Nordic countries I have visited, the flying of their flag was not always done. Not every house had a flagpole; even Government House did not seem to fly the flag when I was passing it.
What would Ingólfr Arnarson (modern Icelandic Ingólfur Arnarson) think of what has become of his original farmstead? I am sure he would be proud and happy.
- Pros:Excellent People, Food and Swimming Halls
- Cons:None that I experienced
- In a nutshell:Relaxation and Fun
The Church is a concrete building, designed by Gudjon Samuelson, a former state architect. It took over 40 years to... more travel advice
The bureau is located in the city centre and near to cafes, restaurants and various Government institutions. The staff... more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Reykjavík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reykjavík - my home town."
- "REYKJAVIK, THE CAPITAL IN THE FAR NORTH"
- "Reykjavik's Peculiar Charm"
- "The Land of Fire and Ice"
- "Reykjavik - Northern Gem"
- "Iceland - Over the Pole"
- "A Quick Northern Jaunt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík
- Hotels in Reykjavík
- Transportation in Reykjavík
- Nightlife in Reykjavík
- Restaurants in Reykjavík
- Shopping in Reykjavík
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík
- 18 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Reykjavík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 225 reviews, 905 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 212 reviews, 654 photos, 12 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 62 reviews, 261 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 51 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 55 reviews, 174 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 35 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 36 reviews, 158 photos