"Kurt Wallander's Beat!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ystad by gordonilla

Ystad Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 92 photos

A visit to Ystad on a snowy Saturday in February

After watching a number of Kurt wallander films on tv, I decided that on my next visit to Copenhagen, I would cross the Oresund and travel south to Ystad.

The journey was fast and after a very brief stop in Malmo, I moved on to Ystad. It was not quite what i expected - the station was near the harbour and a short walk to the town centre.

It was fairly early on Saturday morning, but people seemed happy and friendly enough. I suspect that after years of being a film set and location, the odd tourist or two is not going to worry anyone that much.

After the train journey - breakfast at Fridholfs

After arriving at Ystad, I was very surprised to find that Fridholfs was almost directly opposite the railway station. I went in and had breakfast, which I failed to have at the hotel in Copenhagen when I was rushing for the train.

This seems to be a favourite haunt for both Wallander and his many admirers. I do have to say that out of season, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the customers all appeared to be local. After breakfast I had more coffee and a semlor!

A snowy covered townscape

I enjoyed my breif visit to Ystad - it was cold and snowy, but it was just what I needed. It was peaceful and I did feel comfrotable amongst the citizens going about their business that morning.

• Last visit to Ystad: Feb 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2009

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Enjoyed this page and the atmosphere of a snowy winter day In Ystad. Just discovered Wallander and think I too will head for Ystad soon.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

good page mate. i have had ystad on my wish list for a long time and i should really try to make it down there soon.

gordonilla

“Travel is a passion, exploring a pleasure!”

Badges & Stats in Ystad