"Kurt Wallander's Beat!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ystad by gordonilla
Ystad Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 92 photos
After watching a number of Kurt wallander films on tv, I decided that on my next visit to Copenhagen, I would cross the Oresund and travel south to Ystad.
The journey was fast and after a very brief stop in Malmo, I moved on to Ystad. It was not quite what i expected - the station was near the harbour and a short walk to the town centre.
It was fairly early on Saturday morning, but people seemed happy and friendly enough. I suspect that after years of being a film set and location, the odd tourist or two is not going to worry anyone that much.
After arriving at Ystad, I was very surprised to find that Fridholfs was almost directly opposite the railway station. I went in and had breakfast, which I failed to have at the hotel in Copenhagen when I was rushing for the train.
This seems to be a favourite haunt for both Wallander and his many admirers. I do have to say that out of season, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the customers all appeared to be local. After breakfast I had more coffee and a semlor!
I enjoyed my breif visit to Ystad - it was cold and snowy, but it was just what I needed. It was peaceful and I did feel comfrotable amongst the citizens going about their business that morning.
I was feeling a little tired and and thought a break in the cafe would be good. It was busy and there was a good mix of... more travel advice
I called into see if I could find any Wallander DVDs - and the answer was yes! more travel advice
gordonilla's Related Pages
Ystad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The half timbered town"
- "Kurt Wallander's Beat!"
- "Igraine's Ystad Page"
- "Ystad is a calm atmospheric town"
- "Inspector Wallander?"
- "YSTAD-BEAUTIFULL CITY IN THE SOUTH OF SWEDEN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ystad
- Hotels in Ystad
- Transportation in Ystad
- Restaurants in Ystad
- Shopping in Ystad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ystad
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Ystad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ystad
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 155 reviews, 596 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 190 reviews, 498 photos, 10 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 47 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 53 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 35 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 43 reviews, 124 photos