"By train to Rungsted" Rungsted by gordonilla

Rungsted Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 23 photos

Travelling by train from Copenhagen

It was a very quick journey from the main station to Rungsted - there are a number of train services which stop here. They all stop at other stations - so no express service.

The one draw back i found was that there was limited signage from the station to the Karen Blixen Museum - however it is a fairly straight route to reach the water front and the Museum.

Walking towards The Karen Blixen Museum

Although I had a map and the guide book with me, I somehow managed to take us in the wrong direction. In fact we even had to ask a young man where the house was, and he directed us to a building. Sadly it was a private home, and we must have left him with an idea that some one famous lived or had lived there in the past.

A view of Oresund - Rungsted Harbour

I am sure in the spring and summer this is a much more lively and infinitely warmer place to visit. However, as I like snow I was quite happy being so near the sea and of course enjoying the snow.

• Last visit to Rungsted: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2008

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2009 at 11:38 AM

excellent tips you put up there mate. nice to see you got out and explored a bit more than central copenhagen when you were in denmark.

gordonilla

“Travel is a passion, exploring a pleasure!”

Badges & Stats in Rungsted

Have you been to Rungsted?