"The posh hotel....or rather another one!" Quetzaltenango by gordonilla
Quetzaltenango Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 47 photos
After a very long day of travelling and meeting an exhausting programme of PHG events. We finally arrived at our Hotel. This was Bonifaz Hotel. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the city square! Quite unbelievable.
The hotel was an old Spanish Colonial building, and it was exactly what a hotel in this part of the world should look like.
It was comfortable, and had a great atmosphere - something from a byegone age of service.
We ate in the hotel, and enjoyed another dinner and breakfast of an exceptionally high quality.
I think I can say that I have never seen any one location with so many Spanish Language Schools. This si the centre of Spanish teaching in Guatemala. The place to study it appears.
The room had a very good view of the city square. The only problem is that the cables in Guatemala are always so low.
This is the view at the far end of the square looking back to the Pension Bonifaz.
gordonilla's Related Pages
Quetzaltenango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quetzaltenango, otherwise known as Xela"
- "Xela - cold, but beautiful"
- "nice place to study spanish"
- "GUATEMALA'S 2ND CITY"
- "The posh hotel....or rather another one!"
- "Xela (or Quetzaltenango)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quetzaltenango
- Hotels in Quetzaltenango
- Transportation in Quetzaltenango
- Nightlife in Quetzaltenango
- Restaurants in Quetzaltenango
- Warnings and Dangers in Quetzaltenango
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quetzaltenango
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Quetzaltenango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quetzaltenango
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 228 reviews, 920 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 212 reviews, 654 photos, 12 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 67 reviews, 286 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 57 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 51 reviews, 203 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña Intro, 56 reviews, 179 photos, 6 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 50 reviews, 177 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 48 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 35 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 36 reviews, 158 photos