"Nuweiba" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuweiba` by swisssinai
Nuweiba` Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 270 photos
A picturesque setting on a sandy floody plain, sandwiched between the majestic mountains of Sinai and the deep blue seas of the Gulf of Aqaba.
Nuweiba is really split in two...
To the south lies the bedouin village of Maizena, and the nearby Port of Nuweiba, around which has sprung up a small town with a few banks, travel offices, worker cafes and shops.
Some 4 - 5 km to the north lies the bedouin village of Tarrabeen - and just before that the new town of Nuweiba with the city council, hospital, shops and cafes.
In between are a few hotels, and miles of beautiful sandy, coral lined beaches dotted with date plam trees.
The main activity in Nuweiba is to relax...
The tranquility and beauty of the surrounding landscape makes one feel at ease and at peace.
But there is also plenty to do...
Scuba diving, snorkeling, boat trips, swimming, camel safaris, horse riding, desert and mountain exploration ( coloured canyon etc ), visit to St Catherine and Moses Mountain, boat trip to Aqaba and Petra in Jordan, visits to other historic places such as Nuweiba fort or Salah el Din Castle on Pharoahs Island etc etc etc
- Pros:Beauty, tranquility, peace
- Cons:You just don't want to leave
- In a nutshell:The place to go to experience a real Egyptian or Arabian beach destination - away from the hustle and bustle of those large, impersonal, international resorts !
Along the beaches you find the local taxi... bedouins with camels... fun for a short stroll or for long 1 - 3 day trips... more travel advice
Spend the night on the beach, spot the many shooting stars and wait for the sun rise coming up from the Saudi mountains... more travel advice
- See All A cute little hotel... but not so well...
- Driving away the locusts....
- Nuweiba by night
- See All No fishing !! And don't damage the...
swisssinai's Related Pages
Nuweiba` Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to The Monastery of St Catherine."
- "Sinai, Egypt"
- " Little Paradise.... "
- "The Colored Canyon and Nuweiba"
- "Nuweiba - A Tiny Town along the Red Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuweiba`
- Hotels in Nuweiba`
- Transportation in Nuweiba`
- Nightlife in Nuweiba`
- Restaurants in Nuweiba`
- Shopping in Nuweiba`
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuweiba`
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuweiba`
- 56 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nuweiba`?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuweiba`
Photos in Nuweiba`See All Photos (61)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nuweiba` Intro, 56 reviews, 62 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Taba Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Kawm ad Dahab Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Cairo Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos