"My island in the sun." Globe-Trotter's Profile

Oh Island in the Sun..............

..............all my days
I will sing in praise
Of your forest waters
Your shining sun...........

(Harry Belafonte)

Troodos mountains in January 2004

I have been visiting Cyprus for many years before coming to live here permanently in December 2002. I took early retirement from the police in Oxfordshire, England and now I am starting to realise my ambition of travelling far and wide. Cyprus is a great base to travel from as, when not travelling I have such a beautiful island to relax and explore. As you can see, January in the Troodos Mountains is very beautiful. Feel free to contact me and ask whatever you need to know about Cyprus, If I don't know the answer, i will find it for you.

Isolated monastery.

This is the restored monastery of Sinti, about an hours drive north of Paphos airport along the river bed (thank goodness for my Land Rover)
Because it is very isolated not many people get to see it, but for those that do, it is a very special place.

The view from my balcony

Ok, so the best view from my balcony is obscured by me. But if you can imagine that I turn my head to the right I will see the mountains surrounding my village (Kissonerga) and if I turn to the left I will see the beautiful mediteranean sea.

Rainbow over Kissonerga Village Paphos

I took this from my house in Kissonerga. So, when it stops raining, I will be out looking for the pot of gold at the rainbows end.

• Intro Updated Feb 9, 2004

• yummymummy150's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 12:32 PM

HERE YOU IN FOR A FEW DROPS OF RAIN

• Apr 11, 2004 at 5:06 AM

Dear globe trooter is very difficult to move to cyprus we have just returned from hols and would like to move to cyprus but niether have a job

• otte_verbeek's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2004 at 3:37 AM

Hello, nice homepage. We will come to Cyprus this year fot the fifth time and stay in Neo Chorion in villa Peri Petra. We love your beautiful country and the friendly and very nice people. withr friendly regards: Otte Verbeek from the Netherlands

• BUTTYBABE's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2004 at 1:51 PM

looking foward to coming there on the 28 of this month hope the weather is good my first time abroad

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 2:49 AM

Hi, what an amazing coincidence! We were on C. recently and we've probably seen that very same rainbow (even mentioned that pot of gold to my wife!)

• awayhome's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 7:14 AM

nice homepage!!! hope to see more on your travel=)))

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2004 at 3:44 AM

Thank you for dropping by my little page :-) Welcome to VT !!! Its such a good place here :-)

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2004 at 10:25 AM

Looks a nice place to live!!Welcome...

• allouc's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2004 at 5:31 AM

Nice pictures Mike. Never seen Sinti before. Must be quite a drive getting there... Glad you like living in Cyprus.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Globe-Trotter's Profile Photo

Globe-Trotter

“My village is my world, the world is my village”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.