"St. Paddy's Day in Ireland" Ireland by Jehcekah
Ireland Travel Guide: 15,894 reviews and 36,185 photos
Drive the Ring of Kerry
Stop at a castle ruin
Watch some sheep cross the road
Sit at listen to the waves on the ocean
Smell the peet burning
Stroll the campus of Trinity College
Get a free pint of Guinness at the Storehouse
Party on Temple Bar
Wear a shamrock near your heart
Chat with some locals
Listen to traditional music while driving in the hills
Get up early to see a misty morning
If you have the ability, please spend at least a week in Ireland. You won't regret it! Dublin is a young, fast, hard city. If you prefer the countryside (like me), plan most of your trip around the southern trip of the Republic. See the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Cork, Blarney Castle, and just drive around aimlessly. Give yourself a day or two in Dublin though because there are some very neat things to see (Guinness Storehouse, Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral, River Liffy).
RENT A CAR!
Be prepared to drive on the left-hand side of the road though (and the right-hand side of the car). Luckily, we have gotten our practice in from living in England for seven months. It isn't impossible; it just takes some getting used to. Don't let it scare you into not driving. A car is the ONLY way to see Ireland completely. The country's train system isn't reliable nor extensive. However, if you must, you could use their bus system, which seemed to be fairly complete and convenient.
Ryan Air gives you the ability to rent cars from Hertz at a discounted rate when you book your airfare. We paid about 37... more travel advice
When we arrived in Kildare, it was about 7pm on a Sunday night. There are a few restaurants, but what there is doesn't... more travel advice
Jehcekah's Related Pages
Ireland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- "Ireland - I wouldn't start from here"
- "Leprechauns Make Me Do It!!!"
- "IRELAND - The Adventure"
- "REPUBLIC OF IRELAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ireland
- Hotels in Ireland
- Transportation in Ireland
- Nightlife in Ireland
- Restaurants in Ireland
- Shopping in Ireland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ireland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ireland
- 14 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ireland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winchester Intro, 27 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 26 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- England Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Bavaria Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- New York City Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Scotland Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Rome Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos