"WeHo, Not a Ho-Hum Place!" Top 5 Page for this destination West Hollywood by marinarena
West Hollywood Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 231 photos
She's fabulous! As one of the younger cities (established in 1964), WeHo has handsomely developed quite nicely, offering a rich quality of life and diverse activities. She is physically very attractive, with clean streets and immaculate sense of detail on several buildings. Also, she has a great sense of artistry, as seen predominantly on her Pacific Design Center.
In 1984, a new part of Los Angeles was taking shape, in the form of West Hollywood. The city (separate from the city of L.A.) was founded, out of the gay revolution and has flourished into a favorite spot for many So Cal locals and tourists, no matter one's sexual preference :-)
WeHo is very much a progressive town. WeHo has become a mecca for the civil rights movement , especially for homosexuals, transsexuals and transgenders but also for anyone considered a minority.
runs partly in We-Ho
Some of the most popular nightclubs ( The Roxy, Sky Bar, House of Blues, etc) are here too!
- Pros:exciting, colorful, safer to roam around than "big" Hollywood, full of good shopping and dining!
- Cons:may be too overt and liberal minded for some, traffic on Sunset and Santa Monica Blvd!
- In a nutshell:Go to We Ho- you'll have a gay ol' time ! (Take that however you mean "gay!)
Is this for real? Why, yes it is! Only in Hollywood- well , West Hollywood, that is- can it be totally not weird to see... more travel advice
Many times, I feel as though not in America in West Hollywood. On many corners, you'll hear more Russian or some slavic... more travel advice
marinarena's Related Pages
West Hollywood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WeHo, Not a Ho-Hum Place!"
- "A Very Strange Venue for a Church Convention"
- "Home of the Sunset Boulevard"
- "The Super Spectacular Halloween Carnival"
- "Halloween Hollywood Style"
- "Yubert's West Hollywood Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Hollywood
- Hotels in West Hollywood
- Transportation in West Hollywood
- Nightlife in West Hollywood
- Restaurants in West Hollywood
- Shopping in West Hollywood
- Warnings and Dangers in West Hollywood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Hollywood
- 15 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to West Hollywood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Hollywood
Photos in West HollywoodSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 205 reviews, 465 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 83 reviews, 172 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 50 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 33 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues