Venice Favorite Tips by marinarena
Venice Favorites: 12 reviews and 13 photos
Favorite thing: So, once upon a time, I thought that Venice could never, ever, ever be called a dull place. Now, I know better! At least for now, Venice, can be declared "blah" or a dead zone at night. It is not all quiet though. The canal waters still trinkle and run and a few urban hot spots are open, but only until 10 PM or so (but my Godness, even the Starbucks shuts down around 10PM). Also to mention is the "bang! bang! bang! "of criminal mischief (well, Venice has been better about crime lately, so this is a bit unfair to add in).
In Venice, there are very few places to attract visitors and locals to hang out after hours. As a city, she has not fully caught on to exciting zone revitalization, unlike grand neighbor Santa Monica and even not-so-grandioso Culver City. These latter cities have created entertaining downtown zones full of nightlife venues and people-watching friendly areas. Being in Venice at night you have a feeling of isolation as you wander around for something to do or somewhere to go. Sure, one can do some people watching here, but usually the kind of people one comes across is the kind that is overjaded (high), the kind that means trouble or the kind that has some "issues" (they're crazy). Don't totally dismissed Venice, however. Come during the bright, sunny, happy day!
Favorite thing: They are few and far between! When you have to go (and I specifically talk to the ladies here), it's hard to find a decent public bathroom especially at and even a few block away from the beach. Since the area gets really trashed and has transients roaming constantly, public restaurants (more liek hole-in-the-halls) do not have bathrooms available. So, basically if you "have to go", let it out in the buses (cafrefully ladies) or head away a few milesfrom the beach in inner Venice or nearby Santa Monica or Culver City and stop at a MacDonalds for a pee stop :-)
Venice Beach Bathroom , California
Favorite thing: Well, not exactly a favorite thing!
OK, mostly beach bathrooms are just plain disgusting ! This is the case also in Venice Beach- at least inside. One the exterior, however, bathrooms are quite artful like this one pictured.
If you are female and have "to go", remember that the stalls are not private!
a doggie chair in Venice, California
Favorite thing: Wherever you go in Venice, there is a colorful sense of style. It is displayed on people, buildings , along the streets and indeed at the beach. Here is a shot of an artistic chair especially for a puppy at Big Daddy's a pizzeria along the boardwalk.
puppies walking along Venice strip, California
Favorite thing: All over the boardwalk are cutie dogs, like these. Yes, the chihuahua does have a red sweater on ! There is even a stand that sells doggie sweaters at Venice Beach. Pups make up a good fraction of the weekend population at Venice Beach!
More Reviews (14)
marinarena's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Great Illusion"
- "Venice California Sun Sandy Beach & Muscle Beach"
- "VENICE BEACH, CALIFORNIA."
- "Venice, but in California"
- "Beautiful Venice."
- "Venice Canals"
- "Venice: Exciting, Ecletic, Eccentric !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Explore the World
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Petah Tiqwa Hotels
- Santorini Island Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Ko Samet
- Tagaytay City
- Carrabelle Beach Hotels
- Austin Hotels
- Bergen op Zoom
- Steveston Hotels
- Upper Matecumbe Key Hotels
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 19 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 206 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 80 reviews, 159 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 49 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 32 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Venice hotel reviews
- Lincoln Inn
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 24, 2013
- Inn at Venice Beach
- 339 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Venice on the Beach Hotel
- 229 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Venice Beach Suites And Hotel
- 224 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Hotel Erwin Venice
- 512 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- The Venice Beach House
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Venice Suites
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013