"Venice: Exciting, Ecletic, Eccentric !" Venice by marinarena
Venice Travel Guide: 153 reviews and 337 photos
Venice is like the sun...
She stands out alone.
--From her conception, some loved to compare her with Coney (Island). However soon enough, Venice clearly took on her own identity.
She is bright.
--The hue of her buildings are almost blinding!
She is bold.
-- In color and in liberal politics!
She is untamed.
-- She is quite criminal when you have a look at her record. While the crime is not extremely rampart, it's worth noting. I would not want to test her at night!
She's full of energy.
-- Her vigor is best measured, quite ironically, on her lazy beachfront area which is world-famous.
Leaving the urban jungle that is Los Angeles on a bus, I crossed a southwestern border of her to reach Venice. Not long after, buildings got brighter and more decorated with colorful figures, streets were getting narrow and police sirens grew louder and deafening. I knew just where I was heading into- the little wilderness of greater L.A. that is Venice. During the ride, a loud man began to mutter obscenities got on the bus. He was quite dishelved and just far, far gone in the mind. It was sad to see him. There is a good number of similar people especially in the city of Venice. People would call them bums. I call them glums!
Each time that I go to Venice, I have to walk the famous boardwalk. It's a trite thing really, yet, just when I think it is always the same, there is something new discover. Despite the traps specifically for the tourists, I come. Perhaps I should be used to and tired of the free-spirited musicians, unabashed street performers and presenters, funky-hip clothing, explicit behavior of the folk, Muscle Beach, etc... but i have never grown use and tired! Still, I replenish that curiosity I had as a child of Venice and keep coming here...
- Pros:famous beach, great art scene, colorful murals/people, easy going, diverse locals and crowds
- Cons:scattered crime and dirty areas, not as safe to walk at night, stereotypicially "touristy", too congested on beach
- In a nutshell:Venice is that stereotypical representation of wild and crazy Los Angeles for the worst- and somewhat the best too!
Want organic eggs for your omelette? Or egg beaters? How about a whole wheat torilla instead of flour white for your... more travel advice
Now here is a shot! This man in venice Beach pictured is walking of with a colorful Italian landscape (that looks like... more travel advice
marinarena's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Great Illusion"
- "Venice California Sun Sandy Beach & Muscle Beach"
- "VENICE BEACH, CALIFORNIA."
- "Venice, but in California"
- "Beautiful Venice."
- "Venice Canals"
- "Venice: Exciting, Ecletic, Eccentric !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 19 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 203 reviews, 448 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 75 reviews, 143 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 28 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 27 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Venice hotel reviews
- Lincoln Inn
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 22, 2012
- Hotel Erwin Venice
- 433 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Venice Beach Suites And Hotel
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Inn at Venice Beach
- 286 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Venice on the Beach Hotel
- 205 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- The Venice Beach House
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Venice Suites
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013