"A Mall Day (and more) in the South Bay near L.A." Top 5 Page for this destination Torrance by marinarena
Torrance Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 52 photos
Oh, Torry! She cannot be left out of the discussion of cities near L.A. She is ideal in that she is grand but not too flashy, and is close to the star of the region, L.A. The best thing about Torry? Her thriftness! She has many a retail delight, including Del Amo Mall, the indeed her most recognizable "birthmark"!
Here I am standing in front of the T91 Torrance city fire truck! Click the picture and it won't appear cut off!! (Taken in Jan 2005)
To note ... in the nearby South Bay beach cities of Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan, as well as Carson (Home Depot Center), there is much more to do. I'll be covering more of the South Bay, the beachy, normal and non-flashy part of greater LA!
Overall, Torrance is a small town entertainer compared to some of her counterparts.
Much more to come!
(Pictured here is sweet little niece Kaelyn, from Jan 05!)
- Pros:Del Amo area, has a charming beachside, retail shopping heaven, accomodations friendly, not spoiled by heavy touring so one gets to experience a normal side of the L.A. area
- Cons:may be too ordinary for a visitor
- In a nutshell:A convenient place to stay in the L.A !
Great naan, lots of rice, and spicy hot as hell-well, almost! Al Noor, in the city of Lawndale, is a popular Pakistani... more travel advice
Just opening in the fall of 2006 is Lucky Strikes, a very contemporary spin on a bowling alley. Grab some friends and... more travel advice
marinarena's Related Pages
Torrance Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Suburban Bliss"
- "Home Sweet Home!"
- "Lot's of Sri Lankan Families live in Torrance"
- "A Mall Day (and more) in the South Bay near L.A."
- "gonzo458's new Torrance Page"
- "Torrance, California: Suburbia USA"
- "Octoberfest at Alpine Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torrance
- Hotels in Torrance
- Nightlife in Torrance
- Restaurants in Torrance
- Shopping in Torrance
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torrance
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Torrance?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torrance
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Downtown SF to Sunnyvale, by..."
- Wrote a Review Try Pakistani-Indian eats (Lawndale-South Bay) in Torrance Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "If you love shop, here's your stop!"
- updated a Torrance Travel Page "A Mall Day (and more) in the South Bay near L.A."
Photos in TorranceSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 220 reviews, 508 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 87 reviews, 200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 54 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 29 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues