Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path Tips by marinarena Top 5 Page for this destination
Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path: 32 reviews and 78 photos
Montana Ave sign, Santa Monica, CA
Blocks away from the well-beaten sidewalks of 3rd Street Promenade is Montana Ave, a tranquil, tree-lined stretch of local Santa Monica. The ten block hang out mecca features high-end and exclusive fashion spots, spolied-your-baby boutiques, European style cafes and restaurants, opulent one-of-a-kind gift shops, and yoga/pilates studios. The well known shops here include Starbucks, Aveda, Chico's and Lucky Brand. Otherwise, establishments on Montana are on the less commercial side. Catch a sidewalk sale which occur regularly throughout the year to save some bucks and ease up on the credit cards (check on website calendar)!
Montana Ave is accessible by public transport. Get on board via Big Blue Bus 3. A number of MTA routes will bring you within favorable walking distance.
Santa Monica Airport/Barker Hangar, California
You think beach, pier and the Third Street Promendae when entertaining Santa Monica comes to mind. What about airport? What? It's not so far off to think of the airport as a venue of fun in Santa Monica even though it's way east from the shore. Specifically, at the Barker Hangar is a very unique place to go to live it up. Noted for its large sound stage, it is an ideal location to set up a great party. Both on the exterior and inside the hangar, the look is an authentic drabby-shabby but is effective enough. Special events occur throughout the year here including the grand shopping must-come , the Barneys department storesale. You'll really need a couple of grand to truly make the most of the sale. See my shopping tip for more on Barney sale!
More info on website!
3021 Airport Ave.
between Ocean Park and Palms Ave, East Santa Monica
Fom the outside, the Bergamot Station is nothing but a group of old warehouse buildings but all that is within is worth talking about but most of all -seen! As the largest art gallery complex in the west, Bergamot St is a must see for any art lover. There are numerous galleries, plus a museum, the Santa Monica Museum of Art, and cafe. Much southern california is here on the grounds. Bergamot used to be a functioning station for the discontinue Red linetrolleys of the Los Angeles area back in the early 1900s. In the future, there may be rail line service here which would be very convenient for visiting tourists and locals alike. Though knowing the LA transportation system, there may be delays with the rail!
Bergamont , the name, comes from the mint (herb) family.
Hours are as followed:
10 AM-6 PM Tuesday-Friday
11 AM-5:30 PM Sat
Enetring the complex is free (we love free!), though in the museum there is a suggested donation to give of $2
mural by Chase, Santa Monica, California
OK, this face rather annoys me but I feature it still it. The quote on the right is worthy to note. Zoom in ! Art is by Chase. On the pic it says Chase from sfourteen.com? This link doesn't work last time I check though!
More Reviews (34)
- See All See a Most Unusual Public Art Piece Up...
- See All Respect or detest NIMBY culture of SM
- See All Mingle at Delfina
- Things are not so right here
- See All Tempt a run for the Border to impress
marinarena's Related Pages
Santa Monica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Santa Monica~"
- "I Leave My Heart in Santa Monica"
- "AFTERNOON & EVENING AT SANTA MONICA PIER."
- "Santa Monica"
- "BEAUTY AND THE BEACH"
- "Third Street Promenade"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Monica
- Hotels in Santa Monica
- Transportation in Santa Monica
- Nightlife in Santa Monica
- Restaurants in Santa Monica
- Shopping in Santa Monica
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Monica
- See All...
Explore the World
- The Entrance
- Puerto Nuevo Hotels
- Keratea Hotels
- Church Point
- La Réole
- Semenyih Hotels
- Ban Wang Phong Hotels
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Oklahoma Off The Beaten Path
- Valencia Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas Off The Beaten Path
- Magog Off The Beaten Path
- Mumbai Off The Beaten Path
- Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- Branson Off The Beaten Path
- Cadaqués Off The Beaten Path
- Arras Off The Beaten Path
- Mossel Bay Off The Beaten Path
- San Gimignano Off The Beaten Path
- Huangshan Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Santa Monica
- 38 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Santa Monica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Monica
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: Public transportation in LA"
- Wrote a Review See a Most Unusual Public Art Piece Up Close about City Views in Santa Monica Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "See a Most Unusual Public Art Piece Up Close"
- updated a Santa Monica Travel Page "I Leave My Heart in Santa Monica"
Photos in Santa MonicaSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 206 reviews, 466 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 80 reviews, 159 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 49 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 32 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Santa Monica hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Santa Monica Beach At The Pier
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites
- 233 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Seaview Hotel
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- The Fairmont Miramar Hotel Santa Monica
- 987 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica
- 497 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Palm Motel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2013
- Sea Shore Motel
- 380 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Hotel Oceana Santa Monica
- 324 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- The Ambrose
- 551 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Ocean Park Inn
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- Days Inn Santa Monica Blvd
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- 344 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Viceroy - Santa Monica
- 776 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Santa Monica Pier- 49 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Third Street Promenade- 20 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Palisades Park- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Bike Path - The Strand- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Sunset- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- The Beach- 10 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Universal Studios- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Main Street- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Museum of Flying- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Topanga Canyon State Park- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Santa Monica Things to Do