"I Leave My Heart in Santa Monica" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica by marinarena

Santa Monica Travel Guide: 457 reviews and 1,055 photos

Crazy/Beautiful Santa Monica

She is a charming crowd-pleaser indeed- quite entertaining and gorgeous looking with beachy laidback side...

I've had some wild times here in the city- well, wild to me which is just mild to others :-) A city landmark, the Museum of Flying, was the location of my Senior Prom. At first, I thought it was a little silly to have the Prom here. I mean, it was a museum with planes on the floor! Not exactly an obvious cool or romantic setting. But actually in the end, the place grew on me.

Of course, there is the beach to mention. At night time, being here is so romantic. The view is spectacular. Santa Monica becomes the "city of lights", perhaps not comparable to Paris but here at least there is the beach. Saving the dirty details (well, not so risqué really) , I have had some romantic times here. A couple should have picnic on the sand or consider a honeymoon here and enjoy the oceanic views from any one of the hotels by the coastline.

As far as the water conditions, it is not the best but I'm not a surfer not avid ocean swimmer, so they are not a problem for me.

Entertaining Santa Monica Pier/Beach/City

When it comes to entertainment, Santa Monica is where it's at! The pier here is world famous. Its welcome sign is seen in countless TV and film clips. Attractions of the pier include an arcade, roller coasters, carousel, restaurants, bars, fishing and live music. If you don't like any of these, it's always lovely to take a walk and listen to the waves crash.

Also, a note about shopping. It is absolutely fabulous to shop here. Beyond Third Street Promenade , there are several dozens specialty shops, luxury and bargain places to seek out, along streets like Wilshire Blvd and Montana Ave.

Lucky People Reside in SM!

Some stay in lovely town houses and apartments like these! The rent for a nice 2 bedroom pad with luxury(and just basic!) amenities can easily be $2000/ month! Oh dear the price to pay!

• Pros:entertaining beach, pier, 3rd St Promenade & other streets, great people from all walks of life
  • Cons:Promenade/beach/downtown traffic, high rents for the locals, high hotel rates, too liberal of an attitude!
  • In a nutshell:Santa Monica is a dream to live out!
  • Last visit to Santa Monica: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2013

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Great site,I love it!! L.

• Apr 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Location location . We stayed for four night , on the start of our honeymoon of 6weeks in the USA . The service was AAA + ask a question about anything and it was no trouble to find an answer. It is not a 5-star but it is very clean & secure .

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Gheee ... great site about Santa Monica. We only stayed there for one afternoon. Way too short I guess :-)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 12:24 PM

OK, Marie - these SM pages are making me homesick!! Great photos and tips. Will return again. Ciao, Carol

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2005 at 10:20 PM

Hi Marie ! Your Santa Monica pictures & tips are GREAT! It brings back fun teen aged memories for me too ; ) My hubby (then boyfriend ) was born in SM & his parents met & dated there in the 40's as well !

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 12:57 AM

Hope you enjoy your birthday...I enjoyed reading your tips on SM! Happy travels!

• Jun 14, 2005 at 9:16 AM

Obviously you really know SaMo very well! Great job - keep up the good work!

• May 28, 2005 at 9:58 AM

Very useful pages on Santa Monica...thanks. We will certainly put them to good use very soon, when we visit...--cheers Imane and Suhayl

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 11:44 PM

Wow, you spotted a star!!

• evona's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 8:20 AM

Nice page, Marie :)

marinarena Visits Here Frequently!

marinarena

“Capture the little things in each grand destination!”

Badges & Stats in Santa Monica

Have you been to Santa Monica?