"I Leave My Heart in Santa Monica" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica by marinarena
Santa Monica Travel Guide: 475 reviews and 1,113 photos
She is a charming crowd-pleaser indeed- quite entertaining and gorgeous looking with beachy laidback side...
I've had some wild times here in the city- well, wild to me which is just mild to others :-) A city landmark, the Museum of Flying, was the location of my Senior Prom. At first, I thought it was a little silly to have the Prom here. I mean, it was a museum with planes on the floor! Not exactly an obvious cool or romantic setting. But actually in the end, the place grew on me.
Of course, there is the beach to mention. At night time, being here is so romantic. The view is spectacular. Santa Monica becomes the "city of lights", perhaps not comparable to Paris but here at least there is the beach. Saving the dirty details (well, not so risqué really) , I have had some romantic times here. A couple should have picnic on the sand or consider a honeymoon here and enjoy the oceanic views from any one of the hotels by the coastline.
As far as the water conditions, it is not the best but I'm not a surfer not avid ocean swimmer, so they are not a problem for me.
When it comes to entertainment, Santa Monica is where it's at! The pier here is world famous. Its welcome sign is seen in countless TV and film clips. Attractions of the pier include an arcade, roller coasters, carousel, restaurants, bars, fishing and live music. If you don't like any of these, it's always lovely to take a walk and listen to the waves crash.
Also, a note about shopping. It is absolutely fabulous to shop here. Beyond Third Street Promenade , there are several dozens specialty shops, luxury and bargain places to seek out, along streets like Wilshire Blvd and Montana Ave.
Some stay in lovely town houses and apartments like these! The rent for a nice 2 bedroom pad with luxury(and just basic!) amenities can easily be $2000/ month! Oh dear the price to pay!
- Pros:entertaining beach, pier, 3rd St Promenade & other streets, great people from all walks of life
- Cons:Promenade/beach/downtown traffic, high rents for the locals, high hotel rates, too liberal of an attitude!
- In a nutshell:Santa Monica is a dream to live out!
Eat tasty artisan at Santa Monica Place. Located on the 3rd level of the attractive, atmospheric SMP, Curious Palate is... more travel advice
Vidiots In this ultra modern tech age, a neighborhood video/DVD rental would be a rare, laugh inducing site. But not at... more travel advice
- See All Respect or detest NIMBY culture of SM
- See All Mingle at Delfina
- Things are not so right here
marinarena's Related Pages
Santa Monica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Santa Monica~"
- "I Leave My Heart in Santa Monica"
- "AFTERNOON & EVENING AT SANTA MONICA PIER."
- "Santa Monica"
- "BEAUTY AND THE BEACH"
- "Santa Monica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Monica
- Hotels in Santa Monica
- Transportation in Santa Monica
- Nightlife in Santa Monica
- Restaurants in Santa Monica
- Shopping in Santa Monica
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Monica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Monica
- 40 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Santa Monica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Monica
Photos in Santa MonicaSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 223 reviews, 516 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 90 reviews, 205 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 56 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues