Santa Ana Transportation Tips by marinarena
Santa Ana Transportation: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Well, you may think you're in a part of Mexico while at the Santa Ana Regional Transportation Center already but you can really go to Mexico from this point, to Baja California to be precise. Intercalifornias buses depart from the station regularly and arrive to the major stops of Tijuana and Mexicali. Wait time between buses is about 1-1 1/2 hours until about 7 PM. There is another bus option from here as well, through Tres Estrellas de Oro. 1 (714) 835-6754. Options especially cater to Spanish speaking and are mostly boarded by the Latino community but of course anyone can hop on.
1000 E. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana CA 92701
Tel. (714) 569-0049/ 1 (664) 683-6281 (alt, InterCalif)
See site for updated travel times, travel costs etc (en Esp, can translate page to English)
Phone: 1 (664) 683-6281 (InterCalif)
Santa Ana, California
The Santa Ana Regional Transportation Center is a vital stop for many travel options- not only in the city and county but to LA and even Mexico. Besides being a major stop for Amtrak and Metrolink train routes, the center is a hub for several OCTA buses and a few independent buses that head south of the border to Mexico. There is a cafe, snack shop, vending machines, ample indoor seating, and even an internet access kiosk for the traveler's convenience. The snack shop also has some sundries, including travel bags, luggage, glasses, souvenirs, and various little knick-knacks that one may have forgotten or left behind.
SARTC is perhaps, the most stunning looking train station stop in the greater Los Angeles/Orange county area with its handsome Spanish mission style architecture. Take spectacular views off the 5 story plaza tower.
Constant train announcement are made here, both in English and Spanish.
Schedules for trains are well posted and often there are Metrolink/Amtrak pamplets available.
At most times at the center, there are taxis (from 1800 4 My Taxi) ready to take you to any destination.
The parking structure is quite ample and offers free parking.
Be aware of train signs so that you do not go on the wrong direction.
Track 1 is for destinations going north (including major stops in Los Angeles and San Bernandino)
Track 2, which is CLOSER to the station itself, is for destinations going south (including major stops in Irvine, Oceanside and San Diego)
Phone: 1 (714) 565-2690
More Reviews (16)
marinarena's Related Pages
Santa Ana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Ana"
- "Santa Ana the city of my childhood in the O.C."
- "Santa Ana- That Quiet and Surprising Artist!"
- "See the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana"
- "Santa Ana - seat of Orange County"
- "baker00's new Santa Ana Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Ana
- Hotels in Santa Ana
- Transportation in Santa Ana
- Restaurants in Santa Ana
- Shopping in Santa Ana
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Ana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Ana
- 18 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Santa Ana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Ana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 205 reviews, 465 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 83 reviews, 172 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 50 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 33 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues