"Surely not Canada's Ontario..." Ontario by marinarena
Ontario Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 76 photos
Situated in San Bernadino County, which outside of ("Twisted Angel") Los Angeles and ("Crushed") Orange county , is Ontario. She is a town big enough with its very own airport, the best mostly outlet shopping center in southern California (as pictured) and enough of an identity in general to mention in my VT world.
Ontario will be one of two "Inland Empire" set of pages. Riverside will be the other (to be developed sometime this year!) Inland Empire is a greater Los Angeles region made up of two counties: San Bernadino and Riverside.
Locally referred to as "The I.E.", this region is both very admired and loathed.
If you come to southern California for wine country, casinos, outlet mall shopping, desert travel and extreme sports, you'll find much to do in the area. Business and the real estate market just loves the area, which blossoms year after year in expansion opportunity.
Of course, it can also be complained that the I.E. does not blossom much at all- I mean, it is a desert land after all! The I.E. stretches itself through Death Valley, on the way to the state of Nevada. If you just can't take the terribly heat of summer (like me), you'll not enjoy this place. Temperatures soar here, beginning in June-but , at least, the humidity does not follow usually. The heat is arid dry!! Still, remember that the evenings and nights have cool breezes!
I will expand the Ontario page and include surrounding cities of the Inland Empire as well, thus, Ontario will be a designated "pregnant city" in my VT world- like Los Angeles and Orange :-)
A few cities to be included:
Fontana and Temecula.
Rancho Cucamonga is becoming such a nice distinctive city that it will be developed into her own. Also, the lovely community of nearby Claremont is featured seperately since I just love this town so much.
Oh, I need to gather more thoughts and make more visits to Ontario- that is, when it gets cooler in temperature! Much more to come!
- Pros:easily to arrive to by plane, vital business center,affordable Ontario Mills Mall
- Cons:the sometimes extreme heat of summer and subsequent bad air quality,
- In a nutshell:OK, this Ontario doesn't have Toronto but it's in southern California!
Ontario, California is on the map for one major reason- the airport. Flying into southern California is most convenient... more travel advice
If you love the L.A fashion style but don't want to pay your whole salary on it, head 40 miles east to Ontario at the... more travel advice
marinarena's Related Pages
Ontario Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Ontario"
- "Welcome to Ontario, California!"
- "1.5 Days in Ontario"
- "Surely not Canada's Ontario..."
- "Sauble Beach on Lake Huron"
- "LA's Inland Empire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ontario
- Hotels in Ontario
- Transportation in Ontario
- Nightlife in Ontario
- Restaurants in Ontario
- Shopping in Ontario
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ontario
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Ontario?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ontario
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 206 reviews, 467 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 80 reviews, 159 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 50 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 32 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues