"NoHo - The Nitty-Gritty of Northern L.A." North Hollywood by marinarena
North Hollywood Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 12 photos
(First, a So Cal key of terminology to follow ...)
NoHo- North Hollywood
NoHo is seperate from the original Ho (I love to say this!) She does not have the overt gay opulence and glitz of its sister city, WeHo. Rather, she is more of the the artsy-fartsy sibling with still a bit of the wild side in her. * It should be noted that both Ho and NoHo are part of Los Angeles but are not in the city limits of L.A. On the other hand, WeHo is considered out of L.A. officially. If all of this does not make sense check out this website on the City of L.A. , including communties of L.A.
NoHo is shaping to be a very exciting So Cal spot, especially for the theater buffs out there. She boasts over its 30 or so independent theaters in its celerated arts district. There are also a number of chic bars and hangouts for those who are fiercely individual.
There is much potential for NoHo since she is still developing. New town centers are forming and streets reconstructing. Yet as much as she is physically a teenager, she's an old broad, at least by SoCal standards. You see, a part of NoHo (Campo de Cahuega) represents California statehood, serving as the place where war was ended in 1847 between the U.S. and Mexico. Control of California was gradually shifted to U.S. and California became a state soon after. Of course, way back then, North Hollywood did not exist name wise and was likely considered Los Angeles but it's nice that NoHo has preserved the campo. With this, she has an old spirit.
Parts of NoHo are quite gritty, but she is not very dangerous-just a bit... well.. suspect. Still, there is no reason to not visit her entirely.
NoHo is the unofficial gateway of (San Fernando) Valley territory. Depending on whom one talks to here, the Valley is either dreadful or " like, cool". As usual, my opinion is in the "middle " ;-) I must admit that I need to visit the Valley more to have a clearer opinion of it. More on the Valley to come on the main L.A. page!
Imagine a vibrant city upon a hill full of neon entertainment - this is Universal City! Go up here for a movie, dining, and just having a good ol' time! Read more in Must-See Activity.
To not be confused, Universal City is not an official city like, say, Santa Monica. Rather, UC is more like a community.
- Pros:art-appreciating city with promise for growth, Universal Studios, convenient train/bus connections
- Cons:some unattractive parts that need attention
- In a nutshell:NoHo is Still a Go for a Unique Travel!
Looking for an escape from the well beaten Hollywood Blvd path? Hope on the Metro Red Line off the intersection of... more travel advice
Campo de Cahuega- just off the Universal City Metro stop (Read NOHo intro ) more travel advice
marinarena's Related Pages
North Hollywood Travel Guide
- Things to Do in North Hollywood
- Transportation in North Hollywood
- Shopping in North Hollywood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Hollywood
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to North Hollywood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Hollywood
Photos in North HollywoodSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 219 reviews, 504 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 86 reviews, 193 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 55 reviews, 125 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 34 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues