Newport Beach Shopping Tips by marinarena Top 5 Page for this destination
Newport Beach Shopping: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Newport Colony shop, Fashion island, Newport Beach
If you are touring Newport and want to take a piece or two of it back home, come to the Colony. Local Many knick-knacks in the shop are of the nautical theme. See specific items on this blog link:
Located in Fashion Island, in the Nordstrom Court area.
Forever 21, Newport Beach, CA
Location, location, location. Because of Newport Beach being so grand, the Forever 21 store at Fashion Island HAS to be the most attractive with the best selection of clothing- mainly for female categories (standard, plus size, sporting wear, etc) but also there is a great selection of males and children's wear.
Address: 343 Newport Center Drive
Directions: between Macy's and Nordstrom
Phone: (949) 717-6621
Theme: Women's Clothes
Newport Beach Library, Newport Beach, CA
For the ultimate bookworm, the tiny "friends of the library" bookstore of the Newport Beach Central Library, is sure to delight. I would come from many a mile just to come here for steals of deals.
What's really worth noting here is the availibility of best selling and new hardback books in very good condition. For example, one time I got a hardback of The Da Vinci Code, for just $2 here. There were no torn pages or damaged cover- perfectly good used book. Comparably, during the time, I could have bought the same title at Barnes and Noble (in nearby Fashion Island) for $30! You know, those bookish richies of newport take good care of the books and generously donate when finished with them.
Most of what you will found here is a buck or two. There are many 2 for $1 deals within genres. the highest priced items are special/rare collections, that could go for $30 +)
All major typical genres found at a full library are available within the book store, including new and older fiction (classics, romances, etc), nonfiction (bios, political books, photography), mass market and childrens books. There is also a limited sections of DVDs, videos and cds.
There are periodic monster book sales that draws hundreds. Check the library's website calendar for times of these special sales.
What to buy: hardback/ soft cover fiction
big section of travel books, non-fiction , literary classics and poetry section, cooking books, etc
What to pay: many books just $1; 2 for 1 deals throughout the store
Address: 1000 Avocado Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Directions: Corona del Mar area, near Avocado/PCH intersection and steps away from (up the hill from) Bristol Farms market
Phone: 949 717-3800
More Reviews (32)
- See All Seek Out the Big Bunnies by City Hall
- See All Dine, Delight in Seasonal Offerings
- See All Consider Touring PCH on the 1
- See All Come to Crystal Cove for Nature &...
marinarena's Related Pages
Newport Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riches of Newport ... and Corona Del Mar"
- "Escape to Newport"
- "Welcome to the Sunshine State"
- "City of My Youth"
- "LizC's new Newport Beach Page"
- "Newport Beach - my Backyard"
- "The Right Side of the Tracks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newport Beach
- Hotels in Newport Beach
- Transportation in Newport Beach
- Nightlife in Newport Beach
- Restaurants in Newport Beach
- Shopping in Newport Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Newport Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newport Beach
- 35 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Newport Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newport Beach
- Posted in Travel Kernville Forum "Re: Tubing the Kern River"
- marinarena created a new itinerary The Genuine, Real Orange County Tour.
- Wrote a Review Seek Out the Big Bunnies by City Hall in Newport Beach Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Consider Touring PCH on the 1"
- updated a Newport Beach Travel Page "Riches of Newport ... and Corona Del Mar"
- Commented on one of emilesc's Newport Beach travel pages
Photos in Newport BeachSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 224 reviews, 524 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 90 reviews, 205 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 56 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues