"Riches of Newport ... and Corona Del Mar" Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach by marinarena
Newport Beach Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 218 photos
Indeed, Ms. Newport is quite rich and spoiled!
Yeah, sure she can come off snobby at times, but does have a pleasant and laidback personality as well.
When speaking of capital as money, Newport is clearly the capital city of O.C!
Generally, if you live want to live here comfortably, you have to be super rich, rich, or very upper middle class!! At least if you are not loaded with cash, you can still enjoy the scene here at the many spots of the the beautiful coastline, at fine and cozy restaurants, ritzy lounges , posh shops and other venues !
Corona del Mar, one or several sections of Newport Beach, is considerably a kind of growing NB baby. Yet, she is distinct enough to give much mention. And oh yes, in the case of CDM, is quite rich as well!
Newport Beach had been a lesser known part of California- until the drama, The O.C. premiered on the small screen in 2003. Viewers of the brief, but much-followed series thought they were getting to know Newport Beach (and moreover, Orange County CA) through the portrayal of the scandalous, fictional Cohen family and a bunch of horny teenagers. However, Newport and O.C. was not "really" in focus. Many of the scenes of the series were actually filmed 40 miles away in Hermosa Beach, Torrance and other parts of Los Angeles county! Alas, TV is not reality. There IS NO reality TV!
Well, here throughout this set of pages, I will add some insider info and more pictures of the real NB and CDM. There is much upon which to touch on both, especially on the fabulous dining and shopping here! As long as I can afford to do things here, I shall report!
- Pros:beautiful coast, almost immaculate, countless quality and unique shops, top notch restaurants, and fun entertainment, high safety & comfort level
- Cons:the strong air of arrogance & superficiality stemming from crazy wealth in some parts!
- In a nutshell:You'll have a grand time in Newport even if you don't have several grand in your credit account!
Causing mostly delight in spite some dismay is a dozen of giant artistic rabbits by Newport Beach city hall. As a major... more travel advice
....on the Electric Riverboat Angela Louise (Balboa Fun Zone). Aboard Angela Louise, there is a very jovial vibe. Built... more travel advice
- See All Dine, Delight in Seasonal Offerings
- See All Shop for Newport Beach naut. merch here
- See All Come to Crystal Cove for Nature &...
Written Sep 7, 2011
At the Beach/Newport Pier
Written Jun 29, 2013
More Fashion Island pics
marinarena's Related Pages
Newport Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riches of Newport ... and Corona Del Mar"
- "Escape to Newport"
- "Welcome to the Sunshine State"
- "City of My Youth"
- "LizC's new Newport Beach Page"
- "Newport Beach - my Backyard"
- "The Right Side of the Tracks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newport Beach
- Hotels in Newport Beach
- Transportation in Newport Beach
- Nightlife in Newport Beach
- Restaurants in Newport Beach
- Shopping in Newport Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Newport Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newport Beach
- 35 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Newport Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newport Beach
- marinarena created a new itinerary The Genuine, Real Orange County Tour.
- Posted in Travel Hollywood Forum "Re: FREE ATTRACTIONS IN LOS..."
- Wrote a Review Seek Out the Big Bunnies by City Hall in Newport Beach Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Consider Touring PCH on the 1"
- updated a Newport Beach Travel Page "Riches of Newport ... and Corona Del Mar"
- Commented on one of emilesc's Newport Beach travel pages
Photos in Newport BeachSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 224 reviews, 524 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 90 reviews, 205 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 56 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues