"See the Studio Town of Culver City" Culver City by marinarena
Culver City Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 75 photos
She is a little charmer that doesn't get so much attention like her neighbors, Santa Monica and Venice-- and she likes it that way! Culver City is not on the radar of the most obvious tourist spots of greater Los Angeles but she is worth a day or evening trip.
Sometimes, I do pass her by, heading my way to Santa Monica or Venice. When I stop to see her, it's been usually for shopping at Fox Hils mall, the closest basic mall to LAX. Recently, I arrive to the very heart of her, in downtown.
Culver City is known as the home of Sony Pictures Studio, along Washington Blvd, where one can also find also the Game Show Network. (near Washington and Overland intersection).
I have to collect my thoughts and make more visits! Here's a scene from downtown CC which is proving ever more impressive and exciting with fine arts, excellent dining and entertaining spots!
- Pros:central location, L.A & Santa Monica adjacent, very diverse ethnically, well kept downtown area, appreciative of history and heritage, good transportation, chic yet not too trendy
- Cons:bad traffic spots and a few so-so/unkept parts
- In a nutshell:A somewhat hidden but a little jewel of a city near L.A.!
for a high-end rug or plush velvet chaise! Helms Bakery District is a beautifully landscaped center that caters... more travel advice
The Expo Line is the newest addition to rail travel in greater Los Angeles. In 30 minutes' time, one can go is from... more travel advice
marinarena's Related Pages
Culver City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See the Studio Town of Culver City"
- "A Whirlwind 24 Hours"
- "bonmse's Culver City Page"
- "The Bermuda Triangle of Dining"
- "What's In Culver City?"
- "It's where I live, but not home!"
- "Culver City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Culver City
- Hotels in Culver City
- Transportation in Culver City
- Nightlife in Culver City
- Restaurants in Culver City
- Shopping in Culver City
- Warnings and Dangers in Culver City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Culver City
- 17 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Culver City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Culver City
- Posted in Travel Marina del Rey Forum "Re: Weather in marina del Rey in..."
- Wrote a Review Check out Historic Helms Even If Not Shopping... in Culver City Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Check out the up and coming art scene"
- updated a Culver City Travel Page "See the Studio Town of Culver City"
Photos in Culver CitySee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 219 reviews, 506 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 86 reviews, 193 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 55 reviews, 125 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 34 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues