Brea Things to Do Tips by marinarena
Brea Things to Do: 4 reviews and 2 photos
Little Brea is host to a jazz festival that is on a rather grand scale locally. What's best about the month long festival is that the performances are absolutely free. Brea oputs on the big party for days. Of course, there is enticement to spend dollars at the beer and wine garden, Promenade restaurants and food stands while being entertained.
The main stage will be in front of the Edwards Theaters and Birch St. is closed down during festivities. Expect big crowds and traffic. Parking can be a bit of a mess so always try to get here early before the happenings are in full action.
See concert schedule and updates on website beow.
Directions: Birch St/ Brea Blvd intersection
Come one, come all to the big, kicking off the summer party in little old Brea! Over 30,000 people flock here in northeast Orange county to enjoy free concerts (by many famous, national acts, surprisingly). In 2005, Brea has booked the Temptations and Rick Springfield! These are the biggest names yet!
Look at the website which has many old pics of the celebration through the years. besides the concerts, there are carnival rides, local singing contests, and other enterainment .
The food is typical offerings for America: burgers, hot dogs, pizza, bean burritos, orange chicken and meatball sandwiches! If you're looking for something more gourmet, well, I'm afraid that you are out of luck! Don't fret though: go to LaVie en Rose (see my restaurant review) for upscale food after the festival (or before) !
Address: 575 Walnut Ave
Directions: see website
Brea Improv Comedy Club, California
Here's a fun place to go at night. At Birch Street Promenande is the Improv Brea, the premier north county laugh factory. I suggest to get tickets early to a show. Surprising , there have been big acts that have performed in little ol' Brea! Some of them include Dave Chappell, whose getting major hype throughout the nation for his Comedy Central gig. Others include Richard Jeni, John Witherspoon, Pablo Francisco and Robert Schimmel.
Address: 120 South Brea Blvd.
Directions: Brea, by the intersection of Brea Blvd. and Birch st.
More Reviews (18)
- See All Get to Brea via Anaheim/Disneyland
- See All Try a mall fave (yes, it's in the mall!)
- Stay in the heart of town
- See All Brave Brea Mall Traffic
marinarena's Related Pages
Brea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "While in the Disneyland area , Go to Brea!"
- "Brea, CA"
- "Carbon Canyon Regional Park"
- "Orange County's Pleasantville"
- "My office ,ERICSSON Brea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brea
- Hotels in Brea
- Transportation in Brea
- Nightlife in Brea
- Restaurants in Brea
- Shopping in Brea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brea
- 21 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Brea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brea
Photos in BreaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 205 reviews, 465 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 83 reviews, 172 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 50 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 33 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues