"While in the Disneyland area , Go to Brea!" Brea by marinarena
Brea Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 48 photos
whose name means "tar" but she is very pretty and quite charming.
Forgive the namesake of Brea, based on tar rich fields in eastern areas of town
Though it is very much a residential suburb of Los Angeles, Brea is worthy to see for a tourist who would happen to be in the Disneyland area. There is much attraction especially from its entertainment value, the biggest draw would be the fairly new Improv comedy club and overall, the shopping zones.
People looking to find old town charm in Orange county come to live here. Shoppers in the county and many nearby in southeast LA county and the Inland Empire frequent Brea for its popular mall and shopping centers off Imperial Highway.
Birch Street Promenade
(and immediate area)
Two vintage style Edwards theaters, semi-posh clothing boutiques, a variety of cafes and restaurants and an Improv comedy club, featuring well- known comedians
shopping galore, one of the busiest malls in Orange county.
featured here are many fabulous local theater productions.
I'm happy to be close to Brea, a fun little town coming into her own, like me!
- Pros:old town charm in modern city, much entertainment & nightlife attraction for a small town, many good dining options, close to bigger sites like Disneyland
- Cons:nothing major except that dreaded traffic on Imperial Hwy, Birch St and Brea Blvd
- In a nutshell:This Orange County town is developing into a wonderful arts and culture community, a shopping town and an eccletic eaterie and nightlife spot.
Brea hosts the most fun and delicious little OC family event, Farrell's Ice Cream Challenge, involving arguably the best... more travel advice
OK, this is not a major tip but in car-loving southern California, this is a very nice thing to know. Downtown Brea's... more travel advice
- See All Get to Brea via Anaheim/Disneyland
- See All Try a mall fave (yes, it's in the mall!)
- Stay in the heart of town
marinarena's Related Pages
Brea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "While in the Disneyland area , Go to Brea!"
- "Brea, CA"
- "Carbon Canyon Regional Park"
- "Orange County's Pleasantville"
- "My office ,ERICSSON Brea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brea
- Hotels in Brea
- Transportation in Brea
- Nightlife in Brea
- Restaurants in Brea
- Shopping in Brea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brea
- 21 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Brea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brea
Photos in BreaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 223 reviews, 516 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 90 reviews, 205 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 56 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues