"While in the Disneyland area , Go to Brea!" Brea by marinarena
Brea Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 44 photos
whose name means "tar" but she is very pretty and quite charming.
Forgive the namesake of Brea, based on tar rich fields in eastern areas of town
Though it is very much a residential suburb of Los Angeles, Brea is worthy to see for a tourist who would happen to be in the Disneyland area. There is much attraction especially from its entertainment value, the biggest draw would be the fairly new Improv comedy club and overall, the shopping zones.
People looking to find old town charm in Orange county come to live here. Shoppers in the county and many nearby in southeast LA county and the Inland Empire frequent Brea for its popular mall and shopping centers off Imperial Highway.
Birch Street Promenade
(and immediate area)
Two vintage style Edwards theaters, semi-posh clothing boutiques, a variety of cafes and restaurants and an Improv comedy club, featuring well- known comedians
shopping galore, one of the busiest malls in Orange county.
featured here are many fabulous local theater productions.
I'm happy to be close to Brea, a fun little town coming into her own, like me!
- Pros:old town charm in modern city, much entertainment & nightlife attraction for a small town, many good dining options, close to bigger sites like Disneyland
- Cons:nothing major except that dreaded traffic on Imperial Hwy, Birch St and Brea Blvd
- In a nutshell:This Orange County town is developing into a wonderful arts and culture community, a shopping town and an eccletic eaterie and nightlife spot.
I make it a habit to tout wonderful theater houses of southern California, and can undoubtedly dote on nearby Curtis... more travel advice
I relish having Brea closeby for some nightime fun downtown- at the movies (Edwards Theaters), at any restaurant (there... more travel advice
- See All Get to Brea via Anaheim/Disneyland
- See All Try a mall fave (yes, it's in the mall!)
- Stay in the heart of town
marinarena's Related Pages
Brea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "While in the Disneyland area , Go to Brea!"
- "Brea, CA"
- "Carbon Canyon Regional Park"
- "Orange County's Pleasantville"
- "My office ,ERICSSON Brea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brea
- Hotels in Brea
- Transportation in Brea
- Nightlife in Brea
- Restaurants in Brea
- Shopping in Brea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brea
- 20 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Brea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brea
Photos in BreaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 215 reviews, 490 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 52 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 34 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues