"Another View of Anaheim" Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim by marinarena
Anaheim Travel Guide: 742 reviews and 2,031 photos
does not get attention. People mostly like to go on and on about her Disney ties, which kinda irks her- but she gets over it. After all, Disney brings in a huge chunk of her money!
Advice on Disneyland- that cheery, artifical wonderland that we all know and love (or love to hate) will be discuss here, but I do pride myself in covering as much non-D-Land stuff as possible.
Since Anaheim is a common stomping ground of mine, expect more details of actual life here, such as, rating (contrasting) neighborhood stores, boutiques and restaurants.
I made my way through Toontown with Rich to find the favorite one of the Magic Kingdom (no offense Mickey but, you don't even measure up to Goofy with whom I have been captured twice! See me in travelogues with Goofy!!
This is a classic shot of me and Inland Empire Richie...I believe from 1998 or so.
at the New Orleans Quarter in D- Land...
Things to note about Anaheim:
Anaheim is of a Spanish-German background Ana (common Spanish female name)+ Heim ("town" in German)
The city is the 10th largest in California, with about 330,000 residents.
Anaheim has a few international sister cities- Vitoria, Spain and Mito, Japan.
Regrettably, there is a connection to the Klux Klux Klan to Anaheim government, back in the early 19th century. Rest assured, Anaheim is nowadays a tolerant community with harmonious cultures of good people.
- Pros:city/cultural diversity, much entertainment for all ages, quality hospitality/accomodations at major venues, excellent convention center, Anaheim Angels & Ducks!
- Cons:D-Land traffic, some unsavory Anacrime sections in the city
- In a nutshell:A hard -to-miss part of Orange County and California!
Picked by several as the best Anaheim Packing House eaterie, The Kroft is for meat lovers indeed! Pork sandwiches, fried... more travel advice
Heat Ultra is the main Anaheim showcase of the young adult clubbing crowd young out to dance, drink, hang out and be... more travel advice
- See All Come Here If You Hate to Wait...
- See All Be Aware (or Wary) of Nightly Fireworks...
- Heed to my Head's Up on Ana-crime
- See All Be Smart, be frugal...
- See All Do Disneyland Resort in Spring/Fall if...
marinarena's Related Pages
Anaheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Disneyland on a Budget"
- "Another View of Anaheim"
- "The Happiest Place on Earth..."
- "Orange County"
- "b1bob's Mickey Mouse Anaheim adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anaheim
- Hotels in Anaheim
- Transportation in Anaheim
- Nightlife in Anaheim
- Restaurants in Anaheim
- Shopping in Anaheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Anaheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anaheim
- 57 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Anaheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anaheim
- Posted in Travel Kernville Forum "Re: Tubing the Kern River"
- updated a Anaheim Travelogue "Halloween Celebration at the Patch"
- marinarena created a new itinerary The Genuine, Real Orange County Tour.
- Wrote a Review Pig Out at Popular Kroft in Anaheim Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Be Aware (or Wary) of Nightly Fireworks at D-land"
- Commented on one of marinarena's Anaheim tips
Photos in AnaheimSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 224 reviews, 524 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 90 reviews, 205 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 56 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- California Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues