"Another View of Anaheim" Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim by marinarena
Anaheim Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,986 photos
does not get attention. People mostly like to go on and on about her Disney ties, which kinda irks her- but she gets over it. After all, Disney brings in a huge chunk of her money!
Advice on Disneyland- that cheery, artifical wonderland that we all know and love (or love to hate) will be discuss here, but I do pride myself in covering as much non-D-Land stuff as possible.
Since Anaheim is a common stomping ground of mine, expect more details of actual life here, such as, rating (contrasting) neighborhood stores, boutiques and restaurants.
I made my way through Toontown with Rich to find the favorite one of the Magic Kingdom (no offense Mickey but, you don't even measure up to Goofy with whom I have been captured twice! See me in travelogues with Goofy!!
This is a classic shot of me and Inland Empire Richie...I believe from 1998 or so.
at the New Orleans Quarter in D- Land...
Things to note about Anaheim:
Anaheim is of a Spanish-German background Ana (common Spanish female name)+ Heim ("town" in German)
The city is the 10th largest in California, with about 330,000 residents.
Anaheim has a few international sister cities- Vitoria, Spain and Mito, Japan.
Regrettably, there is a connection to the Klux Klux Klan to Anaheim government, back in the early 19th century. Rest assured, Anaheim is nowadays a tolerant community with harmonious cultures of good people.
- Pros:city/cultural diversity, much entertainment for all ages, quality hospitality/accomodations at major venues, excellent convention center, Anaheim Angels & Ducks!
- Cons:D-Land traffic, some unsavory Anacrime sections in the city
- In a nutshell:A hard -to-miss part of Orange County and California!
Once upon a time, Anaheim, for a major city, had minimal restaurant selection, but the big town has added a wonderful,... more travel advice
in the D-Land/Convention area by going to 7-11. Get your fix on junk food, and some surprisingly better food options, as... more travel advice
- See All Be Aware (or Wary) of Nightly Fireworks...
- See All Do Disneyland to Mall easily by bus: SCP...
- See All Be Smart, be frugal...
- See All Do Disneyland Resort in Spring/Fall if...
- See All If on extended vacation in Disneyland...
marinarena's Related Pages
Anaheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Disneyland on a Budget"
- "Another View of Anaheim"
- "The Happiest Place on Earth..."
- "Orange County"
- "Mission San Juan Capistrano"
- "b1bob's Mickey Mouse Anaheim adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anaheim
- Hotels in Anaheim
- Transportation in Anaheim
- Nightlife in Anaheim
- Restaurants in Anaheim
- Shopping in Anaheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Anaheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anaheim
- 51 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Anaheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anaheim
- Posted in Travel Anaheim Forum "Re: Car needed in Anaheim?"
- Wrote a Review Be Aware (or Wary) of Nightly Fireworks at D-land about Disneyland in Anaheim Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy Lower Gas Prices in Anaheim"
- updated a Anaheim Travel Page "Another View of Anaheim"
- Commented on one of marinarena's Anaheim tips
Photos in AnaheimSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 205 reviews, 465 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 83 reviews, 172 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 50 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 33 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Intro, 38 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fullerton Intro, 31 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasadena Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues