"Another View of Anaheim" Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim by marinarena

Anaheim Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,986 photos

All of Ana...

does not get attention. People mostly like to go on and on about her Disney ties, which kinda irks her- but she gets over it. After all, Disney brings in a huge chunk of her money!

Advice on Disneyland- that cheery, artifical wonderland that we all know and love (or love to hate) will be discuss here, but I do pride myself in covering as much non-D-Land stuff as possible.

Since Anaheim is a common stomping ground of mine, expect more details of actual life here, such as, rating (contrasting) neighborhood stores, boutiques and restaurants.

Hey Mickey, Anaheim's nothing w/o u !

I made my way through Toontown with Rich to find the favorite one of the Magic Kingdom (no offense Mickey but, you don't even measure up to Goofy with whom I have been captured twice! See me in travelogues with Goofy!!

This is a classic shot of me and Inland Empire Richie...I believe from 1998 or so.

Balcony...

at the New Orleans Quarter in D- Land...

Things to note about Anaheim:

Anaheim is of a Spanish-German background Ana (common Spanish female name)+ Heim ("town" in German)

The city is the 10th largest in California, with about 330,000 residents.

Anaheim has a few international sister cities- Vitoria, Spain and Mito, Japan.

Regrettably, there is a connection to the Klux Klux Klan to Anaheim government, back in the early 19th century. Rest assured, Anaheim is nowadays a tolerant community with harmonious cultures of good people.

• Pros:city/cultural diversity, much entertainment for all ages, quality hospitality/accomodations at major venues, excellent convention center, Anaheim Angels & Ducks!
  • Cons:D-Land traffic, some unsavory Anacrime sections in the city
  • In a nutshell:A hard -to-miss part of Orange County and California!
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2013

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Thanks for the details on this city that I frequently drive through and yet which as contributed so much Americana :-)

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Really enjoyed reading your page. Very interesting learning about non-Disney Anaheim. Can't wait to get back and see a bit more than just Disney.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2007 at 8:37 AM

another informative and inspiring page from your hand. i really love readiºng your pages whenever i plan or dream of a trip to southern california.

• May 27, 2005 at 10:11 PM

This was a delightful look into a city I knew absolutely nothing about, &, before today, never really thought about exploring. This was a very enjoyable read.

• oldmonk_92129's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 8:47 PM

Hi! Nice photo! I missed the VT dinner for Keith's birthday on that day due to work reasons. Hope to see you at another VT meeting.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 1:17 AM

I love Anaheim Hills -- especially the views you get of OC... it's a long time ago I was there, but I remember a fab restaurant on the hill, perfect for a date..

marinarena Visits Here Frequently!

marinarena

“Capture the little things in each grand destination!”

Badges & Stats in Anaheim

Have you been to Anaheim?