"Still the "Real Deal"" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta by spartan
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide: 1,137 reviews and 1,983 photos
Puerto Vallarta is located on the Pacific Coast on one of the largest bays in the world. It is the largest natural bay in Mexico, with 160Km of coastline and tropical beauty. The bay is located in the central region of the Pacific coast line of Mexico known as, "The Rivera." Puerto Vallarta is located in the Northwest corner of the state of Jalisco (it's a small city with a population of approximately 350,000 residents which blend both tranquillity and enchantment).
The event that opened wide the doors to progress, popularity and fame was the filming of the movie "Night of the Iguana" by John Huston in 1963. Many of the cast members erected vacation homes in PV. The area, now called Gringo Gulch, is the former home of Elizabeth Taylor.
Today Puerto Vallarta has hotels that range from small economical inns to magnificent luxury hotels. Important national and international airline companies provide services that connect Vallarta to the principal cities of the U.S. and Europe. Visitors to Puerto Vallarta will find the climate agreeable year round. The average temperature is 80 degrees F (or about 25 C). The rainy season lasts from the middle of June to the middle of September, but the sun shines pretty much every day.
- Pros:Maintains the authentic feel of "Old Mexico"
- Cons:Becoming more commercialized everyday
- In a nutshell:A great place to go and relax
The Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe Cathedral is a famous landmark of the Puerto Vallarta skyline. This church looks much... more travel advice
Depending on where you go, the water is crystal clear and offers magnificant views of life under the surface. Las... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
- "Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
- "Essential PV"
- "Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
- "Still the "Real Deal""
- "Fun on the beach, on a boat or in the jungle"
- "Puerto Vallarta: A resort town w/cultural hold"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Vallarta
- Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta
- Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
- Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
- Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Vallarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Vallarta
- 22 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Vallarta
- Posted in Travel Lecce Forum "Re: 3Month stay in Lecce with a..."
- Commented on one of changeinlatitude's Puerto Vallarta travel pages
- Wrote a Review A world famous landmark about Downtown in Puerto Vallarta Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Options galore!!!"
- updated a Puerto Vallarta Travelogue "Fun on the beach, on a boat or in the jungle"
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 68 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues