"A must see location" Jasper National Park by spartan
Jasper National Park Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,104 photos
Jasper is the largest and most northerly of the four Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks which comprise the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its scenery is rugged, including deeply gouged Maligne Canyon and picturesque Maligne Lake.
Large numbers of elk, bighorn sheep, mule deer and other large animals, as well as their predators make Jasper National Park one of the great protected ecosystems remaining in the Rocky Mountains. This vast wilderness is one of the few remaining places in southern Canada that is home to a full range of carnivores, including grizzly bears, mountain lions, wolves and wolverines.
Thrill to the thunder of Sunwapta Falls; enjoy the serene beauty of glacier- covered Mount Edith Cavell; hike along any of the 1,000 km of trails; or have a relaxing soak in Miette Hot Springs.
- Pros:The natural beauty of the area
- Cons:It's a remote location...but that's a good thing
- In a nutshell:One of the natural wonders of the earth!!!
I'm sure you've heard this many times...don't feed the animals. They may appear tame, but if you are not careful, you... more travel advice
Jasper National Park is one of the most beautiful places in the world. It doesn't get as much publicity as it's next... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Jasper National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wind Whispers Jasper"
- "Crown Jewel of the Canadian National Park System"
- "The beautiful Jasper National Park in Alberta."
- "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- "WELCOME TO JASPER NATIONAL PARK"
- "A dream come true."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper National Park
- Hotels in Jasper National Park
- Transportation in Jasper National Park
- Nightlife in Jasper National Park
- Restaurants in Jasper National Park
- Shopping in Jasper National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park
- 4 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Jasper National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper National Park
- Posted in Travel Lecce Forum "Re: 3Month stay in Lecce with a..."
- Commented on one of windsorgirl's Jasper National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Don't feed the animals about Watch Out for Wild Animals! in Jasper National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't feed the animals"
- updated a Jasper National Park Travelogue "Get in the water and have a blast!!!"
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 67 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues