"spartan's new Warner Robins page" Warner Robins by spartan
Warner Robins Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
Originally known as the hamlet of Wellston, Warner Robins was officially chartered by the state of Georgia in 1943. Its geographical assets, of which there are many, attracted the Air Force (then the Army Air Corps) to the area during World War II. At the urging of Colonel Thomas, the depot’s first commander, the growing town changed its name to Warner Robins in honor of Brigadier General Augustine Warner Robins who is generally recognized as the father of modern air force logistics.
Though the base and depot have undergone many name changes and new missions through the years, the words "Warner Robins" have always remained part of the name. After the war, many stayed in at Warner Robins forming a solid community foundation with military roots that accounts for its openness, acceptance, and tolerance which so many visitors and residents enjoy today. As a direct result of the Korean conflict, Robins Air Force Base was permanently established and is now Georgia’s largest single industry.
Good food, great desserts and nice prices If you are really hungry, then the Mega Buffet is for you. It consists of an... more travel advice
I do believe that this is an "institution" in the area...locals and visitors flock to get some homemade bbq. Try the... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Warner Robins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "How to get to Warner Robins, GA"
- "spartan's new Warner Robins page"
- "Warner robins,ga"
- "Warner Robins Museum of Aviation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warner Robins
- Hotels in Warner Robins
- Restaurants in Warner Robins
- Warnings and Dangers in Warner Robins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warner Robins
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Warner Robins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warner Robins
Photos in Warner RobinsSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 68 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues