"Welcome to Albany, GA" Albany by spartan
Albany Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 54 photos
Nestled in the heart of southwest Georgia’s plantation country, Albany lives up to the reputation of Southern hospitality by providing guests with an array of metropolitan amenities while continuing to preserve the rich heritage and natural resources of the area.
The roots of history run deep in Albany. Plantations which once provided the Confederacy with cotton, indigo and corn have found new life as exclusive hunting preserves, earning Albany a reputation as the "Quail Capital of the World." Albany visitors will enjoy an educational and entertaining variety of local attractions and annual events which highlight their heritage, spanning the years from the settlement of the Creek Indians to the pivotal role Albany played in the Civil Rights Movement.
The cultural and retail center of southwest Georgia, Albany is home to an outstanding art museum, symphonic orchestra, live theater group and regional shopping mall, as well as one of only two accredited zoos in the state of Georgia. <font color=green>(Information provided by the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce)</font>
Nothing fancy but real authentic Mexican food. You start off with a basket of tortilla chips and salsa. For the meal,... more travel advice
This seems to be a popular hangout where locals and visitors congregate. Good food, happy customers and a lively... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City in Southwest Georgia"
- "albany georgia"
- "Albany...The Good Life City"
- "Welcome to Albany, GA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- Warnings and Dangers in Albany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 18 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Photos in AlbanySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues