Yuma Favorite Tips by spartan Top 5 Page for this destination
Yuma Favorites: 8 reviews and 4 photos
Favorite thing: One of the Marine Corps' premier aviation training bases, with access to 2.8 million acres of bombing and aviation training ranges, and superb flying weather, MCAS Yuma supports 80 percent of the Corps' air-to-ground aviation training. Each year, the air station hosts numerous units and aircraft from U.S. and NATO forces.
Fondest memory: The ideal weather and location along the Colorado River, make Yuma and the surrounding area an oasis in the southwestern Sonoran Desert with a bounty of superb recreational opportunities and water sports. Seasonal hunting and fishing abound in the fish and game rich Yuma area. Nestled in five square miles just southeast of Yuma, the air station is home to a number of tenant units including Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron-1, Marine Aircraft Group-13, Marine Wing Support Squadron-371, Marine Fighter Training Squadron-401, Marine Air Control Squadron-1 and Combat Service Support Detachment-16 (Courtesy of the USMC).
Such a hard life don't you think?
Favorite thing: Relax and take in the beauty of the area. It sure looks like that is what Sam is doing...lol...he is such a character!!! Actually, the last time is was here, it was extremely hot.
More Reviews (22)
- See All Gourmet Mexican Fast Food
- The excitement of Las Vegas without all...
- See All New to the area
- A quick trip across the border
spartan's Related Pages
Yuma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Historic Yuma"
- "History, desert, heat and Indians!"
- "Yuma In the Great Southwest"
- "It's Hot Here!!!"
- "Yuma on the border"
- "Yuma - Several historic sites"
- "Crossing the Colorado River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yuma
- Hotels in Yuma
- Transportation in Yuma
- Nightlife in Yuma
- Restaurants in Yuma
- Shopping in Yuma
- Warnings and Dangers in Yuma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yuma
- 24 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Yuma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yuma
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 68 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues