"The most beautiful display of nature's wonders" Sedona by spartan
Sedona Travel Guide: 898 reviews and 2,145 photos
On this page, you will not find hotel, restaurant or any kind of recommendations. I was not able to spend as much time in Sedona as I would have liked, so the only thing that I can offer you are pictures of the surrounding area. Believe me, make the 2 hour trip north of Phoenix to Sedona, you won't regret it. Sedona is known worldwide for the splendor of its red rock formations, moderate climate and the most beautiful display of nature's wonders. Nestled in the heart of central Arizona and surrounded by the Coconino National Forest, Sedona sits in two Counties, Yavapai and Coconino.
At approximately 4500 feet above sea level, Sedona enjoys four delightfully mild seasons. The breathtaking beauty of Sedona attracts environmentally conscious and culturally diverse people people such as artists, writers, entrepeneurs, retirees and many visitors.
Visitors can find a full range of activities providing a variety of ways to experience Sedona. Jeep tours offer many journeys throuhghout Red Rock country. Balloon, Helicopter and airplane tours are a great way to capture the scenic surroundings and trolleys to take you through the streets with fully narrated tours.
Outdoor minded people are ecstatic when they explore the natural wonders that await them. There are many areas open to hiking including the magnificent Oak Creek Canyon, Boynton Canyon, Schnebly Hill Road, Red Rock Loop Drive, Verde Valley School Road and Chapel Road.
- Pros:The scenery is tops!!!
- Cons:Commercialization is creeping in
- In a nutshell:Go and enjoy yourself
The Red Rock Pass program is a conservation tool designed to protect, enhance, and maintain Sedona’s awe-inspiring red... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Sedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sedona"
- "Sedona, Red Rock Country"
- "Sedona: General and Spiritual"
- "AMONGST THE RED ROCKS"
- "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- "Sedona - A Beautiful Place in Arizona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedona
- Hotels in Sedona
- Transportation in Sedona
- Nightlife in Sedona
- Restaurants in Sedona
- Shopping in Sedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sedona
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Sedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedona
Photos in SedonaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 59 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue