"Valley of the Sun" Phoenix by spartan
Phoenix Travel Guide: 769 reviews and 1,597 photos
Unlike older cities that trace their heritage back to European settlers, Phoenix dates back only to the late 1860s. There are no great antiquities, no old ethnic neighborhoods. The Valley of the Sun is young, vibrant, and growing. Indeed, Maricopa County is the fastest-growing county in the U.S., with more than 200 people a day swelling the population. Visitors enjoy active outdoor lifestyles, a full schedule of college and professional sports, and lots of golf.
Phoenix is wonderful city which combines the scenery of the southwest with the hustle and bustle of a big city. You will enjoy yourself in this city. Depending on the time of the year, you can catch a sports team in action (i.e., baseball, basketball, hockey, football). There are many things to do in Phoenix, but don't limit yourself to this area. Head east toward Tucson and the O.K. Corral or north to Sedona (about 2 hours north) and of course the Grand Canyon (about 4 hours north).
- Pros:Great weather year-around
- Cons:The infrastructure is still trying to catch up to the population
- In a nutshell:A great place to visit and explore
This replica of an Old West town has about 25 buildings with shops, western exhibits, a museum, a saloon, Rawhide... more travel advice
Arizona State University is a major research university located in metropolitan Phoenix; the economic, cultural, and... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Phoenix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Phoenix, Arizona!"
- "VAlley in the Sun"
- "Phoenix Arizona"
- "Phoenix and Scottsdale--Jewels of the Desert"
- "Spring In The Desert"
- "It's a dry heat!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phoenix
- Hotels in Phoenix
- Transportation in Phoenix
- Nightlife in Phoenix
- Restaurants in Phoenix
- Shopping in Phoenix
- Warnings and Dangers in Phoenix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phoenix
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Phoenix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phoenix
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 59 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue