"Maui...The Magic Isle" Maui by spartan
Maui Travel Guide: 1,631 reviews and 4,433 photos
As the second largest of the Hawaiian Islands, Maui has a very diverse ecosystem. You can book a cruise from one of the many boat companies in Lahaina (or any other city) and go out into the calm Pacific Ocean for whale watching, snorkeling, dining or whatever you want.
The condo where we stayed was north of all the tourist areas, so we didn't run into all of the crowds. But that was so nice, and the area was filled with pine as well as evergreen trees.
One of the things that you must do while on Maui is take a trip on the fames "Road to Hana." It's worth the 4 - 5 hours just to be able to drive through rain forests, see waterfalls and experience the "untamed" side of Maui.
- Pros:The culture, scenery and people are unmatched
- Cons:Traffic and parking can be a royal pain in the butt!!!
- In a nutshell:A very romantic place to get away from you troubles
I was reading the San Diego Union Tribune on June 1st, 2003 when they just happen to be running an article on Maui in... more travel advice
For the most part, polo shirts, shorts, sandals, sneakers, swimwear and rain gear will do the trick. A couple casual... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Maui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Maui Page"
- "whitneyone's Maui"
- "Magnificent Maui"
- "Aloha Nui Loa...Fondest Regards...Much Love"
- "Visiting the Valley Isle"
- "Our Trip - Day by Day"
- "Visiting Hawaii's Valley Island: Maui"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maui
- Hotels in Maui
- Transportation in Maui
- Nightlife in Maui
- Restaurants in Maui
- Shopping in Maui
- Warnings and Dangers in Maui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maui
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Maui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maui
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "Re: Is Death Valley to Yosemite..."
- updated a Maui Travelogue "Maui is truly paradise"
- Commented on one of Erin74's Maui travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Maui is truly paradise"
- Wrote a Review How to enjoy paradise...from a local perspective in Maui Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 68 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues