"Fun, Sun & Relaxation" Curaçao by spartan
Curaçao Travel Guide: 400 reviews and 945 photos
Location: Curaçao is located in the southwestern Caribbean, at latitude 12° north and longitude 68° west. The island is just 70 km (44 miles) north of South America. It is 2.5 hours by air from Miami. Size: 444 square kilometers (182 square miles); 61 km long; 5 km to 14 km wide. Population: 151,448. Some 40 to 50 different nationalities live on the island. Willemstad is the island's capital and only city.
Religions: Curaçao has a well earned reputation for religious as well as ethnic harmony. Catholics, Protestants, Jews and Muslims all have their own houses of worship and practice their religions freely. Over 80% of the population is Catholic, largely people from of African descent. The small Jewish and Dutch Protestant communities have considerable influence.
Government: Curaçao, along with neighboring Bonaire and three islands in the eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten, St. Eustatius and Saba), forms the Netherlands Antilles, an autonomous part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Locals are Dutch nationals and carry European Union passports.
The Flag: Curaçao's flag portrays the blue sea and sky, cut by the yellow sun. The two stars are Curaçao and its uninhabited sister island Klein Curaçao; their five points symbolize the five continents from which the varied local population originates.
- Pros:Sun, water, people, beer, culture, peace and quiet
- Cons:Curaçao is a very expensive place to visit
- In a nutshell:Europe in the middle of the Caribbean
The remarkable carvings dating back as far as 1,500 years, make the Hato Caves in itself a very interesting site to... more travel advice
Well I thought that Vegas was the only place where they had slot machines at the airport. Geez, was I wrong...lol...as... more travel advice
spartan's Related Pages
Curaçao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The many faces of Curacao"
- "Curacao - Old World Charm and Crystal Clear Water"
- "COLORFUL CURACAO !!"
- "A solo holiday to Curacao on a budget"
- "Fun, Sun & Relaxation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Curaçao
- Hotels in Curaçao
- Transportation in Curaçao
- Nightlife in Curaçao
- Restaurants in Curaçao
- Shopping in Curaçao
- Warnings and Dangers in Curaçao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Curaçao
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Curaçao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curaçao
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 59 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 31 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Calgary Intro, 35 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Vallarta Intro, 22 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oceanside Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 45 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue