"Juarez - just a hop, skip and a jump from El Paso" Juárez by kymbanm
Juárez Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
I was invited to participate in an overnight road trip with a friend and her family. The itinerary changed quite a few times, but the night before we left, I discovered I would be hopping over to Juarez for a few hours.
Needless to say, I wasn't prepared, hadn't read up on things, and just trusted the process. I enjoyed myself, and sooooo want to return :)
My initial tips are few, but hopefully helpful to other 'newbies' to this particular bordertown.
After driving like a fiend all day (ABQ to White Sands to El Paso) I needed a little time to decompress. A local drink I came to love is a blend of lemonaid and tea. I remembered hearing about it, so ordered something along the lines of 'Limon y te' ... I'm glad they knew what I meant - it was perfect, refreshing, and brought a smile to my face :)
As we walked back to the US over the pedestrian bridge, I stopped to practice my High School Spanish by reading the grafiti along the river under us.
Hmmm, there were some very inflamatory anti-US statements, this was the mildest one :)
To the best of my knowledge, this says, "The war of Bush is not against Iraq it is against the world".
- Pros:Colorful, friendly and wonderfully chaotic
- Cons:Dirty, crowded and loud
- In a nutshell:A bordertown is not true Mexico :) Visit and have fun!
After I got home, and realized I didn't know streets, names of businesses, or other details most helpful to building... more travel advice
Regardless of your reasons for going to Juarez, please use some common sense during your stay. 1. Don't wear your most... more travel advice
kymbanm's Related Pages
Juárez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Juarez - just a hop, skip and a jump from El Paso"
- "Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico"
- "the most dangerous place for women"
- "Juarez: Enjoy, but use caution and common sense"
- "El Paso/Juarez: Largest Border Region in the WORLD"
- See All...
- Hotels in Juárez
- Transportation in Juárez
- Nightlife in Juárez
- Restaurants in Juárez
- Shopping in Juárez
- Warnings and Dangers in Juárez
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Juárez
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Juárez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Juárez
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you are in Houston ......"
- Commented on one of xxgirasolexx's Juárez travel pages
- updated a Juárez Travel Page "Juarez - just a hop, skip and a jump from El Paso"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Juarez - just a hop, skip and a jump from El Paso"
- Wrote a Review A nice website to help you plan your visit :) in Juárez Favorites
Photos in JuárezSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 45 reviews, 104 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Alberta Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Point Arena Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Questa Intro, 10 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues